The Ideas...The IDEAS!!!

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures


Eight years ago, we were driving to the Grand Canyon through New Mexico and the dh said, "I wonder what's down that road." An image came to my head, a rundown house, a corral, a man who worked as a vet and took care of his alcoholic brother and delayed sister. I knew his story was that his father had killed his mother and was coming home from prison.

I just didn't know who the heroine was. I thought maybe she was a lawyer hired when the father was accused of killing again, but I thought a romantic suspense would be too complex.

Last night I think I figured out who she would be, a social worker who threatens the hero's view that he can take care of everything by himself.

Only this story has to wait. I have my cruise ship story to write next, two books I want to rework for HAR, and a post-apocalyptic story. That's not even thinking about the hostage negotiator story or the RS series I want to write or the three historicals I have in mind. And I write every day. I need a clone.

Photobucket


5 comments:

MicheleKS said...

Oh I know what you mean about the ideas. They never stop coming. Even in the midst of trying to finish my current WIP I'm already thinking about what I should work on next- the paranormal I did for NaNoWriMo or one of my contemporary ideas. I'm kind of avoiding watching any movies or listening to any new music so a new idea doesn't trigger.

Mary Curry said...

Scary thing is, I remember so clearly when you took that trip and got that idea!!!!

I'm with you and Michele on the flow of ideas. I'm drowning in them. I'm not complaining - not by any means - but it's so hard to resist the shiny new ideas when you're bogged down in the reality of the WIP.

Congrats on finding your heroine.

Anonymous said...

wow! That sounds like a great book. It's much better to have too many ideas than no ideas!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I'm boggled by the number of ideas! I have several, but I don't think that many or that fleshed out.

MJFredrick said...

Michele, they ESPECIALLY come when I'm trying to finish another book! LOL!

Mary, we've known each other a LONG time, but how funny you remember!

Thanks, Mary Beth. I think it might be my NaNo book this year.

Natalie, it used to be worse when my critique group met regularly. We brainstormed ideas a LOT. And honestly, with e-books, I don't have to worry as much about length as I used to.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box