Why I Didn't Write This Week

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

Why I haven’t been writing this week

1) Tired! Just exhausted when I finally sit down after dinner…can’t put two words together.
2) Being a promo ho…7 blogs in 6 days can take it out of a girl!
3) At a weird place in my story…a bridge scene within scenes I’ve already written. There will be a point where all words will be new words, but I need this scene first.
4) This scene isn’t playing out on the page the way it did in my head back when I was working on revisions for other stuff.
5) My confidence in the story is shaken since critique group…not their fault, mine. I need to remember I need distance before I send stuff out.
6) Uneven schedule-SARA, two early mornings at school, tutoring, people not being where they’re supposed to be when they’re supposed to be there.

I’m so mad at myself, because there’s other stuff I want to work on, and I didn’t write at all this week. And now I have 4 contest entries to judge, and am still waiting on revisions on my short story, which I’m sure will come the minute I get into a groove….

I need to get to the dry cleaners, library and bank today. Otherwise....

Jared Padalecki Pictures, Images and Photos

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HUGS Mary. Maybe the story just needed to percolate this week. Good luck next week!

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Mary Beth. I made good progress this week, so maybe you're right.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box