Back to School Shopping

cat
more cat pictures

When I was a girl, I worshiped the bible of Seventeen magazine, especially the Back to School issue.

Photobucket

Yesterday I got my hair and eyebrows done. I'll color my hair this weekend. I also bought the supplies to give myself a French manicure, and FINALLY got the necklace fixed that I broke on Christmas day. Today I went shopping for the boy and ended up buying some more wedges

Photobucket

and falling in love with these:

Photobucket

Now, I've been in shorts and t-shirts all summer, and from April on, I wore my Crocs to school. So I've gone from zero to painful in just a day ;)

I'm planning what to wear. I bought this dress last fall but haven't worn it because it's a bit low cut. Mine is gray and blue, though. I thought it was very Lorelei Gilmore.

Photobucket

I have three skirts of the same length, and I have these shoes to wear:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blame the wedges on my SIL, who mentioned them and made me want them, then I bought 3 pair for $40. Of course, she's five feet tall and I'm 5'7.....

Oh, and these are on the way from Chadwicks, the tortoiseshell ones:

Photobucket

Now I need to put skirts and blouses together with shoes and accessories to get ready for next week. Sadly, the first day we have to wear matching t-shirts - what's the fun in that????

What about you? Back to school shopper? Shoe lover? Wardrobe planner?

Anyone want to take bets on how long before I'm back in my Crocs?

Photobucket

6 comments:

Gina Black said...

I've gone from zero to painful in just a day ;)

Hah! That's me when I go to conference.

I would live in my pajamas if I could.

Trish Milburn said...

Gina, I know exactly what you mean!

Mary, you know I'm a shoe lover. You've got lots of cute ones shown here.

Anonymous said...

LOL, Mary. I love the wedges. Very cool.

MJFredrick said...

Gina, I told my students that I liked to stay in my pjs all day, and one student still, after every holiday, asks me how many days I stayed in my pjs. Today was one, actually.

Trish, it's an addiction. I think I have 5 pair of RED shoes now. I don't even have many red clothes!

Thanks, Mary Beth! When do you go back? And will you be able to wear shoes?

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I admit, all I thought when I saw these pictures was "ouch." I'm SO not a shoe person.

MJFredrick said...

LOL, Natalie!!! They aren't comfy, for sure.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box