School, Surface, Robin Hood and Sex and the City

cat
more cat pictures

I haven’t blogged since school started and today I got up early and my internet was down!!! GAH. School is good, though, and I’m working hard to not slack off in the other areas – writing and keeping the house up. It’s been raining, though, so I haven’t been able to wear my very cute shoes!!! We've been going out to lunch every day and yesterday my mom was at the same restaurant and she bought me lunch ;)

I’m so tired. Last night was SARA. I got home at 9:30 and was in bed by 10. The meeting was great. My friend Sarah’s husband was the guest speaker, a 15 year police veteran, and he was very engaging. I got at least 3 new ideas ;)

I’m revising Surface, hoping that the ending will come to me…..nothing I come up with feels right.

I watched the last disc of Robin Hood yesterday. I would rate the season as this:

Disc One: Meh
Disc Two: Okay, looking forward to more.
Disc Three: WHERE IS THE LAST DISC? DOES ANY STORE IN SAN ANTONIO HAVE IT? I NEED IT NOW!!!
Disc Four: I cannot believe they did that. I CANNOT believe it. Must speak to someone who has seen it…..which is no one. Also, will watch Season 3 but not with hope.

My new old favorite show is Sex and the City. Sometimes it’s hard to believe that a man writes it because the friendships, the absolute loyalty these women have for each other. The break-ups and the relationships and the sickness and the celebrations. It’s idealistic, of course, but something women should strive for in their friendships.

One of my SARA friends is going through a rough time. Lupe, who posts here now and again, recently discovered her son Michael needs a bone marrow transplant. He was diagnosed with cancer 4 years ago and went into remission twice, but has had 2 relapses. Thank God, a match has been found, and the surgery is scheduled for September. Please, if you could, say a prayer that everything goes well!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Wow, two free lunches! *score*

I assume school itself has been good, or you'd be talking about it more.

Good luck with that ending.

And of course, Lupe and her son are in my prayers. I'm so happy they found a match!

KATZ said...

Hope you've had a great week back at school, Mary!
The kids are back in... my house is a disaster.
I've been inhaling discs of Grey's Anatomy, never watched it on TV. Season 2 -- I made a couple of trips to Blockbuster for discs, because there was NO WAY I could wait on Netflix!!
It's taught me a lot about writing amazing, gripping stories -- how to torture your H/h, how NOT to give them what they way, how to do what the reader least expects... very cool stuff.

KATZ said...

Um, by my last post I didn't mean I was now writing amazing, gripping stories... lol It's just giving me some pointers to shoot for. :)

MJFredrick said...

School is okay...no AC in our rooms, and we got in trouble from main office for wearing shorts to work in our rooms today. But our kids did really well on the state test so everyone is really positive.

Sarah, I'd love to hear about your GH experience and the new house! Aren't the first 2 seasons of Grey's GREAT? I bought the first season after watching one episode ;) And you're bound to be to the Denny story by now!

Trish Milburn said...

I will endeavor to watch Robin Hood season 2 soon so we can discuss. :)

MJFredrick said...

You MUST!!!! How you'll fit it in, I don't know....

Tracy Montoya said...

Which Robin Hood, Mary? If it's the new one, I can hook you up with my friend Gail to discuss, who is in LOVE with Guy of Gisburne. She's talked me into checking that one out.... If it's the old-school one with Michael Praed and the red-haired Marion, I saw all of them several times when they were on Showtime back in the day. Let me know!

MJFredrick said...

Tracy, the new one, from BBC, Season 2. I love Guy, too!!!

Tracy Montoya said...

Mary, it's Gail Ranstrom, a most excellent Harlequin Historicals author and a good friend of mine. Her website is www dot gailranstrom dot com. I'm sure she'd LOVE to talk Robin Hood with you! Just tell her I sent ya.

MJFredrick said...

Okay, I emailed her. I hope she doesn't think I'm weird!!!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box