Happy Birthday, Mom!

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

Today’s my mom’s birthday. I had to steal a pic from her school website because my computer doesn’t have many pictures and won’t let me access the ones on the desktop.

Photobucket

For my mom, family is the most important thing. My earliest memories were of her playing Disney records in the den while we danced around, her singing all the time, her making lunch while I played on the swings after kindergarten.

I remember her making me new clothes for the first day of school. I remember in particular two prairie skirts—remember those? I very rarely wore jeans in those days.

I remember season premier week and Friday nights were always made special. We’d have popcorn or cookies or apples as we settled to watch TV.

I remember her taking me to the school library one day a week during the summer to get books, often the same ones I’d read the week before J Also, she’d take us to the local public library, though she doesn’t particularly like to read herself.

Birthdays were always made special, I got a new dress, and had a party, usually out at my grandparents’ place in the country.

When I was nine, she and my dad divorced, but my mom was determined that family would still be her priority as she pushed her way through college in two and a half years to get a teaching degree.

As I got older, we’d sew together or do crafts together, loving that we had that in common. Now it’s more gardening stuff.

She doesn’t always get me, but she always supports me and I always feel like she’s proud of me.

Photobucket

Happy birthday, Mom!

4 comments:

Mary Curry said...

Happy Birthday to Mary's mom! What a lovely tribute your wrote, Mary.

CandaceCalvert said...

Happy birthday to your mom--and kudos to her loving daughter. Reading your lovely post, I can see so many things that made you the amazing woman you are. And, wonderfully, you have her smile, too!

Great post, Mary. Choked me up.

Trish Milburn said...

Please tell your mom I said Happy Birthday.

MJFredrick said...

Aww, thanks, y'all :) She liked the post, too :)

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box