Weddings

funny pictures of dogs with captions
see more dog and puppy pictures

I’ve been thinking about weddings, since I went to that one a few weeks ago, and I’ve been watching Harper’s Island. Then Nora has that Bride Quartet coming out next month, and one of my cps is trying to get together a series bible so we can write short, sweet novellas for The Wild Rose Press, all based around a wedding.

Harper’s Island is most interesting to me right now, because of the premise. A week long celebration, with all the wedding party and the guests in the same inn. This week’s episode had day-long bachelorette and bachelor parties, including matching hoodies for everyone with the couple’s name embroidered on them. Okay, I can’t imagine being so extravagant, or celebrating that much for anyone I know, or wanting to be the center of attention for that long.

However, the storyteller in me in intrigued. I’ve actually never written a wedding scene, but now I’m thinking about basing a short story around one.

Have you been watching Harper’s Island? Are you a fan of weddings? Are you getting Nora’s new book?

Photobucket

3 comments:

Elisabeth Crisp said...

I picked up Nora's new book at HEB. I haven't started it yet because I know once I start, I'll read all night.

Mary Curry said...

Nora's book came out last week. I picked it up on Thursday and LOVED it! I can't wait for the second installment but that's not til December.

I think this was vintage Nora - women friends there for each other, falling in love and living fabulous lives. It was lots of fun and I ADORE the hero.

MJFredrick said...

I didn't know it was out already! I ordered from Amazon, and since I ordered with other books, it won't be sent until the last week of school. I'm itching to get it, but I think the timing is pretty good.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box