Where I'd Write If...

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

My SIL’s bday party was this weekend and since it was SUPPOSED to be a surprise (my brother couldn’t keep the secret any longer, a family failing), it was held at her best friend’s house. Rachel has an adorable garden home, two bedroom, completely remodeled. She has an open living/dining/kitchen area that was perfect for the party, and she has a side yard with a patio walled on three sides.

My first thought: I could so see myself writing here.

I remember thinking the same thing about my brother’s house, when he bought it 10 years ago last October. He has a deck off his bedroom, and a great breakfast nook. I thought the same at another writer’s house where we had a Christmas party YEARS ago. She had a deck with an amazing view of the Hill Country. I also do it when I look at those dream homes in Country Living or on HGTV. The first thing I scoped out when we went to FL a couple of years ago was where in the timeshare would be my writing space. (Guess where? On the screened porch.)

Apparently this shows two things about me….I don’t like to be confined when I write (all the places I liked were outside) and I think about writing way more than I should.

Or maybe I don’t. Do you think about where you would write if you lived in someone else’s house?

Photobucket

3 comments:

Elisabeth Crisp said...

I always rearrange the furniture, mentally. I never say a word, but I'm totally HGTV in my head whenever I'm in someone else's house--except for my sister. She's so good at decorating, I think, "How did she come up with that?"

April said...

I do! When we bought this house last year I was so excited about the screened porch (which is still unfurnished) and a spare bedroom with neat knooks in it. The spare bedroom has a desk in it. But it's not anything like I see in my head. We'll get there... eventually. haha

MJFredrick said...

Ooh, fun, Elisabeth! That would be fun, too. Usually I get inspired, like at my SIL's friend's house.

April, how fun! Yes, my spare room isn't like anything I see in my head, either. Sigh. And I've been here 10 years!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box