And Back to Work

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yesterday was the LEAST relaxing day. We went to breakfast, then to see 300, which I liked but didn't love. Then I came home to take a nap. My baby, Skippy, was on the bed. I knew he wasn't feeling good, and the side of his neck was swollen. The dh told me to take today off and take him to the vet. I was going to take him when I got home.

But when I was laying down, I could feel him scratching. And scratching. And scratching.

That couldn't be good.

(MAYBE SKIP THIS IF YOU'RE EATING)

I looked at him and he'd scratched himself bloody. I started hollering for the dh, who was at Lowe's (WITHOUT ME!) and so the boy watched the kitten while I got dressed and washed the quilt and afghan, then we drove him to the kitty ER. We were only there about an hour and 20 minutes, got him cleaned up (and since he was sedated, they neutered him, too). They gave him antibiotics and he spent the rest of the night groggy and unhappy and, well, they didn't stitch him up because they wanted the abcess to drain, so, oozing.

But this morning he was waiting for me when I came out of the bathroom, and it sounds like he's playing with one of his toys now, so he'll be well. Still we have to give him antibiotics. Not easy.

So I need to go to work. Hard because Cindi and her husband won't be there - they have an inservice. Nicely timed, those rats.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

Kelly Boyce said...

Glad your kitty's doing better! That must have been stressful.

Anonymous said...

HUGS!!!!
And giving kitties antibiotics is NO fun.

Marianne Arkins said...

Poor kitty. Poor Mary.

I used to grind the pills up with raw liver to give to my cat. Yum.

Not.

MJFredrick said...

It doesn't help that he's my favorite (sh, don't tell the others!) They gave us liquid antibiotics, drops, so that's WAY fun, prying his mouth open and shooting it down his throat. Especially since his wound is on his jaw.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box