Under Pressure

Yup, look at the time. 2 AM. Woke up about an hour ago, snapped awake with a knot forming in my stomach. I finally gave up on sleep, came out and finished my Merritt contest entries (I had one judge who NEVER got back to me, I had to scramble at the last minute because the finalists need their hard copies to the coordinator by next Tuesday) and caught up on my email, which was piled high.

There's nothing else I can do tonight, but the knot in my stomach won't go away.

I'm anxious about the hotel and registration.

I'm anxious about the library books that I have sitting on my ottoman for research, and the ones sitting at the library waiting to be picked up.

I'm anxious about Ghost Hunters, AKA The Book That Will Never End.

I'm anxious about the roof that leaks.

Heck, I'm anxious about having too many shows on Tivo.

All this stuff I bring on myself, but how do I stop stressing about it? Maybe just writing it down will help. I'm going to try to go back to sleep.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HUGS!

Marianne Arkins said...

Hope you were able to get back to sleep... it's so frustrating when your brain won't shut down. ((hugs))

I have to say, though, that the picture you posted with the dolls kinda gives me the heebie jeebies. Is that just me?

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Nope, it's not just you, Marianne. In the show (Supernatural, of course), Dean (the guy in the picture) walked into the room and said something like, "Nice dolls. Not super-creepy at all." :)

Mary, I wish I could do something to help you. Sounds like you need Valium. Or chamomile. Or a hit on the head to knock you out.

Of course, you posted this almost 19 hours ago, so I bet you're feeling better by now.

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Mary Beth!

I was able to get back to sleep, and didn't hear the alarm. The dh would shake me awake, I'd hit snooze....still got to work around 7, though.

LOL on creeping out on the picture.

Natalie, thanks. I sometimes go the Tylenol PM route, but usually when I think I'll have trouble falling asleep. By the time I wake up in the middle of the night, it's too late for that to help.

The kids were laughing at me, though, for putting my head down all day. I ate a PBJ during tutoring and started bouncing off the walls ;)

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box