B Movies, Rain and PIctures

I almost slept till the alarm again! Yay!

Jericho was sad - I cried. Of course, the dh had seen promos and knew someone was going to die, and almost immediately realized who it was. Lost was intriguing, especially the ending, though of course the dh called it. He's not allowed to talk during TV shows anymore.

No estimate on the roof yesterday, and it's supposed to rain the next three days. Urgh.

I LOVE B-movies. I was thinking maybe it stemmed from my Mystery Science Theater mania in the 1990s (Joel, not Mike) but I realized the other night when I was watching Reign of the Gargoyles on Sci Fi it started before then. But I remembered another gargoyle movie that was made in the early 1970s that they'd show LATE late at night. It was about an archaeologist who found gargoyles in a cave or something, in the Southwestern part of the US. It was creepily terrible, but I would watch it every time it came on. Same with Devil's Rain, which had Ernest Borgnine, William Shatner, Tom Skerritt and melting faces.

I have an even earlier memory of fascination with B movies. My dad was watching a Japanese horror movie (they used to show them on Saturday afternoons in the years BC - before cable). It was about a town carving a giant statue, and as they were carving it, it started to bleed. It came to live and smooshed a bunch of people. I remember Dad saying that he shouldn't have let me watch it - I guess I freaked out. And clearly it's stayed with me for years.

Now I indulge my B-movie love on Sci Fi Saturdays, though some will never hold up to those early movies.

Tonight's Supernatural is a rerun but it is one of my FAVORITE episodes. If you haven't seen it yet, tune in for the Black Moment-y goodness. And the brotherly love.

I was searching for new pictures of Jensen and came across some disturbing ones....plaid pants, leather pants (and not in a good way), playing with a hose. Ew. And sometimes he's just Too Pretty.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cried at the end of Jericho too. I was really hoping somebody would kill Emily. I REALLY dislike her. But no such luck. Oh well, there's always next week. *g*

I wasn't as thrilled with Lost. I wish we'd go back to the first season cast of characters. I want to know what happened to Rose & Bernard!

MJFredrick said...

I like Emily ;)

The twist was what was good about Lost. I agree with them really being unnecessary, and we need to stick with our core group. But I like how the writers worked backwards to make everything about these two fit.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box