My Favorite Day

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures


Not only is it the last day of a VERY difficult school year, but my whole summer lays in front of me, not one moment wasted yet. Great possibilities ahead.

Problem Child has been very good in class because he wanted a recommendation to be a patrol. I actually think he'll be good at it. Today he said he wanted us all to meet at the park on Saturday, one last day of being together as a class. Kinda sweet, huh?

But then when I was driving home, I saw him and one of his minions running along the main street in front of school (BUSY street) near the highway (running across the access road) so I called their parents. (Yes, I have their numbers programmed in my phone.) Wonder what happened.

Wednesday night a big storm blew through, and I mean BLEW. I'm so glad we had those trees taken down or it would have been bad. BAD. We lost a mountain laurel and other people have split trees and downed branches all around us. Apparently 1/3 of the city, but different parts of the city, lost power. 60 mph winds! Hurricane force! Trippy. But Thursday temperatures didn't break 80, so good payoff.

ANYWAY, I have a busy summer ahead:

1) Galleys on Breaking Daylight, print version
2) revisions on Sunrise (expected next week)
3) revise STTA
4) revise Queen and submit
5) revise Road Trip and submit
6) write a short story for TWRP's new series
7) write a short story for promo for Sunrise
8) get a good chunk of Midnight Sun done

9) work on promo for Surface and my September releases (newsletters, guest blogs, bookstore visits, get back into eHarlequin, etc.)

10) hang out with Mom and BB once a week
11) lunches with Stacy, JoAnn and Linda
12) class reunion the last weekend of July
13) hook up with teacher friends

14) exercise daily
15) read at least an hour a day

I really wish there were less revisions, but....you gotta do what you gotta do.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Yay for summer vacation!

WOW that's a long to-do list! Good luck getting it all done!

We had a major storm yesterday. Predicted to be even worse than what you had, but didn't end up that way here. But afterward we had the most perfect rainbow I've ever seen in real life.

Mary Curry said...

Congrats, Mary. I was envying you today. We have 3 weeks left (and one state test). Normally I wouldn't be counting down the days but it's been in the 90s in my classroom this week (no AC) and the kids are acting like it's already vacation when they're not trying to kill each other because they're so hot and cranky.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Ugh, MaryC, that's inhumane!

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Natalie. The scary is that most of that needs to be done in June!

Cool about the rainbow.

Mary!! No AC??? Oh my God. I remember the heater being so hot one day when I was trying to teach long division and I thought I was going to kill someone. I hope the weather cools off!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box