Works in Progress

pattycake Pictures, Images and Photos


Yesterday I blogged at Leah Braemel's blog and Toni Anderson commented that she'd heard so much about my book. I'm thinking, yes, she has heard a lot. We used to be on Sub Care on eHarlequin together, and then we started following each other's blogs, and y'all know, I write a LOT about my works in progress.

Last night I started Anna Louise Lucia's DANGEROUS LIES. I remember when she was aiming it for Silhouette Intimate Moments and called it "Danglies." Funny to be reading the novel now.

I have Toni's SEA OF SUSPICION, which I remember her writing mostly because of the Sean Bean pictures.

I have Kelly Parra's CRIMINAL INSTINCTS, which I remember from her selling to Bombshell just before the line closed.

I have Stephanie Feagan's Pink books, which I remember her writing from our GH email loop. (Can't wait to read Mephisto!)

Colleen Gleason's Gardella series came from a comment on our GH loop about how Anne Mallory's first cover looked like an old fashioned Buffy.

EDITED TO ADD: I can't believe I forgot Marianne's ONE LOVE FOR LIV, back when it was called ISN'T SHE LIV LEIGH! My excuse is that the book is on my keeper shelf, not my TBR :)

I feel connections to these books because I saw the process, the behind-the-scenes looks. Do you ever buy books for that reason?

Photobucket

4 comments:

MicheleKS said...

Yes, I've bought books after hearing about them on blogs and message boards. For me, I love to see a book published after reading about it being written.

I think I might have a few potential book buyers because of the bits I post about writing my current book on Facebook. Several of my current and one former co-worker are absolutely fascinated I'm writing a book. Which is totally cool and fine with me. :)

Kelly Boyce said...

I buy books I saw in progress, because it's always great to see the finished product. You do feel a special connection to it. And Isn't She Liv Leigh? I loved it! TOo funny. My brother calls my contemp Finding Home about an ex ball player Juicy Lucy and her Big Bat. Ever since he came up with that I can't think of it as anything else.

Marianne Arkins said...

I totally like "Isn't She Liv Leigh" better... *sigh*... I fought to keep it, but lost.

And thanks for the shout out *G*

Best book I've read in a while? "Tempting the Enemy" by Dee Tenorio -- and I picked that up after chatting with her on the LASR Yahoo loop.

I do a lot of book buying and reading based on what I see online. I really think seeing something a few times (especially if it's cleverly presented) or getting to know the author on their blog can really impact my buying decisions.

MJFredrick said...

Michele, I saw those comments on Facebook. Cool, right?

Kelly, yes, there's definitely a connection. I remember when a certain scene was written or whatever. LOL on the title!

Marianne, see, I even remember that you fought to keep the title! I have Dee's book on my wishlist. I've "known" her since eHarlequin!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box