::::CRICKETS::::

Ohhhkay.

Just got back from The Lake House which was all right. I cried. I loved Keanu's character - could really relate with the whole dad-issue thing. The overalll movie was pretty bleak, though, visually, and the characters were so alone. Sad. And WAY too many close-ups. Hello, these folks are over 40. Either back the camera up or use a filter, please, to preserve the fantasy!

Tuesday night the boy slept over at a friend's house, so we finally saw The Wedding Crashers. I don't like movies where people pretend to be someone they aren't, so this wasn't my cuppa, but the juxtaposition of the two lead characters was interesting and well done. Not a keeper for me, though.

Last night we watched The Pink Panther which was silly, of course, though I admit to laughing out loud a couple of times. Can't believe Clive Owen was in it, and Handsome Rob from The Italian Job. The French dude from DaVinci Code was a hilarious straightman, especially in camoflage. But Steve Martin....eh.

We also watched Failure to Launch, and for the first time since A Time to Kill, I get the Matthew McConaughey thing. Was he HOT or what? I loved the movie, from the structure to the secondary characters and plots, to the motifs. Really, really well done. (Even though she was pretending to be someone she wasn't.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6 comments:

Tempest Knight said...

Well, right now I'm pretty bleak myself. My story has hit a snag. I sure could use a movie, but I don't think "The Lake House" will work. Hopefully "Pirates of the Caribbean 2" will cheer me up. Can't wait to see that one.

MJFredrick said...

LOL - my mom was actually getting a little embarrassed. We walked past the Pirates display where Orlando's head was bigger than I am, and then the preview, and I'm bouncing in my seat! I can't wait for that one, either.

KATZ said...

Poor Keanu. He tries. Really he does, but he's just not a good actor. His 'brother' couldn't act either.
I liked the Lake House but agree with your comments about bleak sadness! There were a couple of good lines I appreciated from a romance writer's standpoint!

Reminded me too much of Sleepless in Seattle - talking about pet peeves in movies - where the h/H don't get together and we don't see a happy ending until the last 5 minutes!

MJFredrick said...

I know, Keanu can't act, but when he cried, I cried. I used to have the biggest thing for him....

Kristina Knight said...

Well now I don't know if I wanna see Lake House -- thanks a lot Mary. :) Kidding. I'll just rent it... Just a week, right til Pirates? I've already warned the DH that he has to go with.

LOVED Failure...too funny. You're right though, Matthew has had a few...uh...non-Matthew movies hasn't he?

Oh, and while we're on the subject of good/bad movies -- I hated The Breakup. Rent it if you must..but don't pay the buckaroonies to see it in-theater.

MJFredrick said...

Kristi, please take what I said with a grain of salt --- I had about three hours of sleep last night. You might really like it. I know Kelly did. My favorite bit was the relationship between Alex and his dad.

As for Matthew....he was darn charming in Failure to Launch. And I love Sarah Jessica anyway.

Tonight I watched 4 episodes of Buffy - THANKS TRISH ;)

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box