Trumpets Sound, Angels Sing...Guess What I Get to Do Today?

I get to start a new book!!! It's been a year. I have the first scene in my head, just ready to get down on paper. I know my hero pretty well, and I kinda know my heroine, though I'm holding back on the revelation of her true external goal. I have about the first third of the book synopsized. I don't have a title, and I don't know how happy I am with her name....Sara. May have to change it to something a little more exotic, because she is. But I won't need her name for a few pages - it starts in his POV. So, off I go.

I'm not 100% happy with 30 of the last pages of DLB, but I'm waiting till my critique meeting. Haven't heard about the revisions on Hot Shot.

The dh woke up late for work - he should have been there ten minutes ago and he left five minutes ago.

And today is the day of The Haircut. I'm going to cry, y'all. And I will post pictures.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6 comments:

Paula said...

Congratulations! I love starting a new book--all the pain is still in front of you! :)

Just started a new one myself last Monday.

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo Mary!!!!
Enjoy starting something new. :-) hugs on the haircut feelings. Your son needs a medal. :-)

Colleen Gleason said...

Happy Summer, Mary! What a fun way to start off the holiday!

Have a great time starting up a new story--and tell us more about it!

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, y'all. Only made 4 pages today so far. Hm. I thought it would come barrelling out. Of course, I also went to a party, WalMart, the grocery store, and I cleaned both bathrooms, so....

I didn't get the boy a medal, but I did get him The Kinks CD he wanted ;)

Colleen, the story is about a Ranger - all he's wanted to be his whole life is a Ranger, and he has to risk everything he is to help a woman who won't tell him the whole truth about who she is.

Anonymous said...

Yay on the new baby, aka the book, Mar! It will be a blast, giving birth to it!

Hugs,
J

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, JoAnn! I did have fun with it yesterday. Today....they meet!

So far, it's really sexy. Not like me at all.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box