Recovering

My sister in law called yesterday and asked if I wanted to go to a karaoke bar last night. I've only ever sang karaoke at her house - she has a professional set-up - but her sisters and everyone wanted to go out. And they invited me.

It was SO FUN. It took me 2 Cape Cods to get up and sing "Walking After Midnight" by Patsy Cline, and another 2 to sing "These Are the Days" by 10,000 Maniacs. The 2 drinks made a difference ;) My SIL is REALLY talented and she sang 3 songs, my brother even sang one. I wanted to sing "Jackson" with him, but he didn't know it. How could he not know it - my mom used to play Johnny Cash ALL THE TIME. I told him his homework is to learn that song before we go back ;) My SIL's older sister (who I adore) sang 3, her younger sang 2 with her fiance, their friend sang 3.

What was fun, and had me there till 1, was watching what other people sold. The last guy that sang, if you saw him walking on the street, you would never peg him as a karaoke guy. He sang "Sailing," a song I can't stand, but he did such a good job.

There was a young guy who sang a bunch of country songs, then "Summer Nights" with another girl at his table (there were 2 birthday parties in addition to the ten of us, and a bunch of smaller groups.)

There was a guy in a rocker shirt who sang "Rose Colored Glasses."

There was a large woman who, damn, had a set of pipes and sang "Natural Woman" like she belonged on American Idol. In the top 5.

There was an older lady who sang a Carpenters song without looking at the words, and she was awesome.

There was this girl Kim who sang really well, and she brought her boyfriend up on stage with her and he was awful, but he had so much fun, we loved him!

So I think I could be addicted.

Do you like karaoke? If you go, do you sing songs you know, that you think you'll be good at, or fun songs, or what?

It's been awhile since we've seen Gerry.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6 comments:

Trish Milburn said...

Sounds like a blast! I'm betting you're recovering today.

Nice to see Gerry back. Will you still be my friend if I say the Grey's Anatomy guy does nothing for me? :)

MJFredrick said...

You wait till you read his story.... ;)

I just finished organizing my CDs - need to sweep now for company coming later.

Trish said...

I couldn't afford to sing Karaoke, Mary. At minimum I'd have to buy eight strong drinks for everyone in the audience so they'd be so drunk I wouldn't burst their eardrums when I got up on stage.

It sure is fun to watch though. And the song choices always surprise me.

Theresa

Theresa

Anonymous said...

Karaoke is fun, but like you, I need a few drinks to loosen up!! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun. I only like Karaoke when I drink. A Lot. And I'm horribke. But it's fun!

MJFredrick said...

Theresa, LOL on it costing you a fortune! They were having Kamikazes for $1.50.....I only had one, and it was because my SIL's future BIL bought it for me.

It was so much fun - I would love to go again, maybe on a night it's not so busy!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box