My First Day of School

My first day of school was hectic, of course, and went by WAYYYY too fast. I have 17 students, 5 girls and 12 boys. One of the boys used to be at my old school, where I was music teacher. I was so happy to see his name on my class list! I also have a boy in a wheelchair who has a fulltime nurse with him. No one had told me about this, so I worried about the child’s accessibility to my class, but it all seemed to work okay. My kids have a lot of personality, and most are on level or above. I have a couple of kids who will need extra help. Good to notice the first day. And by the end of the day my nerves were getting frayed, but tomorrow will be better. I like our schedule – 2 hours and 40 minutes with the kids, PE, an hour, lunch, and two hours. Breaks up the day nicely. Still got behind on my work!

Here are some pictures of my classroom:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is a picture of my boy on his first day of high school:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here’s a picture of the family who visited this weekend. Can you tell it was 99 degrees outside?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And here’s my baby kitty.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And a funny, though I think those numbers can be inflated!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures! And that sounds like a lot of boys to girls. . . .

MJFredrick said...

All the 3rd grade classes are boy-heavy. Last year, when I taught 5th grade, I had 7 boys and 16 girls. Believe me when I say I prefer it this way!

Trish Milburn said...

Cool pictures. I like the map rug on the classroom floor. But then, I'm a map junkie.

Trish

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Trish. I wish the rug was a hair smaller, though. Kinda in the way.

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures! I'm so bad with the artistic stuff (which is why I teach middle school). I'm going to finally change out my bulletin board background paper after five years. :0

MJFredrick said...

This is the most I've EVER had on my walls. It never stays up on the dumb cinderblock. But we're doing a new reading program this year, so I need the phonics cards. We'll see how long the rest lasts ;)

Amie Stuart said...

OMG is that the gristmill?

MJFredrick said...

GOOD eye, Cece!! It's one of our favorite restaurants. The dh teases me because it's about an hour away. Love the torpedos, onion rings and catfish.

Anonymous said...

Your classroom is lovely! 12 boys! Oh dear! Every teacher knows what that means...

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Kendra. I got one more girl yesterday, and I'm getting another boy today, from another class. He's supposed to be a behavior problem. On the second day of school. Oh, dear.

Anonymous said...

Wook at da KITTY!

What the heck did I call mine today? Oh yeah...Pooky Bean. Her actual name is Tilly.

MJFredrick said...

Pooky Bean!

Napo looks so sweet, doesn't he? He's the devil. Fights with my girls ALL the time. But he's so adorable.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box