Song of the Night

I've been listening to this song over and over today and have written 8 pages.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We Belong by Pat Benatar

We belong, we belong to the light
Many times I’ve tried to tell you
Many times I’ve cried alone
Always I’m surprised how well you
Cut my feelings to the bone

Don’t want to leave you really
I’ve invested too much time
To give you up that easy
To the doubts that complicate your mind

Chorus:

We belong to the light
We belong to the thunder
We belong to the sound of the words
We’ve both fallen under
Whatever we deny or embrace
For worse or for better
We belong, we belong
We belong together

Maybe it’s a sign of weakness
When I don’t know what to say
Maybe I just wouldn’t know
What to do with my strength anyway
Have we become a habit
Do we distort the facts
Now there’s no looking forward
Now there’s no turning back
When you say

(chorus)

Close your eyes and try to sleep now
Close your eyes and try to dream
Clear your mind and do your best
To try and wash the palette clean
We can’t begin to know it
How much we really care
I hear your voice inside me
I see your face everywhere
Still you say

(chorus)

From the album tropico
Written by: d. navarro & r. lowen

6 comments:

MicheleKS said...

Mary, I hear Shadows of the Night on the radio and take it as a sign to continue with my current WIP. But I love Pat Benatar, wanted to be like her when I was younger.

MJFredrick said...

I have Shadows of the Night on my iTunes, too. Do you know that Pat is touring with her EX husband Neil? I would love to see her. I would love even more to be behind the scenes to see how they interact!

The song tonight is "Point of No Return." I may change my title....

Trish Milburn said...

We saw Pat Benetar in concert a few years ago at an outdoor venue here along with several other older bands, and she kicked butt! Now I have "Love is a Battlefield" in my head. That song rocks.

MJFredrick said...

My dh about died when I bought a bunch of Pat Benatar from iTunes. I bet that would have been a fun concert, though!

MicheleKS said...

Her ex? But they'd been together for, like, forever.

Gives new meaning to the term 'chemistry on stage'. And off.

MJFredrick said...

I know, right, Michele?

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box