That's Educational

I cut 17 pages from my WIP yesterday, and now I need to know HOW my h/h are going to find the hostages! GAH! When the Muse gives me an idea like that, she needs to give me answers, too!

I didn't write this, but boy, do I know it!

YOU MIGHT BE EMPLOYED BY A SCHOOL IF.....

1. You believe the playground should be equipped with a Ritalin salt lick.

2. You want to slug the next person who says, "Must be nice to work 8 to 3:20 and have summers free."

3. You can tell if it's a full moon without ever looking outside.

4. You believe "shallow gene pool" should have its own box in the report card.

5. You believe that unspeakable evils will befall you if anyone says "Boy, the kids sure are mellow today."

6. When out in public you feel the urge to snap your fingers at children you do not know and correct their behavior.

7. You have no social life between August and June.

8. Marking all A's on report cards would make your life SO much easier.

9. You think people should be required to get a government permit before being allowed to reproduce.

10. You wonder how some parents ever MANAGED to reproduce.

11. You laugh uncontrollably when people refer to the staff room as the "lounge".

12. You encourage an obnoxious parent to check into charter schools or home schooling.

13. You can't have children because there's no name you could give a child that wouldn't bring on high blood pressure the moment you heard it uttered.

14. You think caffeine should be available in intravenous form.

15. You know you are in for a major project when a parent says, "I have a great idea I'd like to discuss. I think it would be such fun."

16. Meeting a child's parent instantly answers the question, "Why is this kid like this?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

11 comments:

Trish Milburn said...

I'm not a teacher (don't even play one on TV), but I've thought No. 9 myself. I'll have to tell my SIL, who is a teacher, about this.

Anonymous said...

ROFL at #1! I've thought the same thing when I've visited my kids school.

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

You'll find out how to find those hostages, Mary!! Good luck! =D

Anonymous said...

I'm not even a teacher and I've thought a bunch of those!

Good luck with those hostages...you'll work it out!

MJFredrick said...

Glad you enjoyed them! I didn't even THINK about my hostages today. Tomorrow, should have plenty of time during dull dull dull inservice.

Anonymous said...

These are SO true. Love the Ritalin salt lick. Only now it should be Concerta, I think. :)

Anonymous said...

I teach at an all-girls high school. I don't want a Ritalin Salt Lick. I need a Midol Dispenser! HAHAHAHA! Just kidding.

Keep on keepin' on, teaching sisters!

JoAnn

Shesawriter said...

Back to school. For some reason I both dread and look forward to it. But there's always the peace and quiet I get during the day so I can write.

Tanya

MJFredrick said...

No kidding, JoAnn. Last year when I taught 5th grade, I had 16 girls and 7 boys. AHHHH! This year, in 3rd, it's the opposite.

Tanya, can I just say, :P on the writing time! ;) When I'm at work, I'm with kids, when I'm at home I'm with kids! Of course, the one at home is a prize, so I shouldn't complain.

Amie Stuart said...

*sigh* my son had a melt down yesterday =(

MJFredrick said...

CECE! What happened???

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box