If You Give a Kid an iPod

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

You never never get your computer again! My folks gave The Boy his birthday present 2 weeks early. He spent 3 hours Tuesday night loading it, then probably another ten yesterday. He got up at 11, was on till I kicked him off at 5, then was on the rest of the evening. There are CDs everywhere - 3 stancks by the computer, two more huge stacks on the breakfast bar, even some by the TV. We will be saving money on burned CDs now, though.

NOT TODAY. I have to write on BD, and I have to do it on the computer, because I'm adding in places. I did manage to judge all my Heart to Heart entries and type in some of Ghost Hunters on the AlphaSmart. And I read RWR cover to cover, after which I managed to bookmark some contests to enter. I watched Miss Potter and Barnyard. Yes, the udders on the boy cows were distracting. AND I finished Michelle's Irish Warrior - it was SO GOOD!

The dh came home with the coolest thing - a cookie bouquet! One of the clients he makes commercials for found out his birthday was last week and sent him a cookie bouquet with stuff like a director's chair, a TV monitor, slates with "Cut" and "Action" on them, and one with popcorn. I thought that was incredibly thoughtful, to go to the trouble for something so personal.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It never did rain yesterday - in fact was very pleasant - but it's raining now. So, good day to sit at the computer.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dh wants an iPod, but I know so little about them, I'm almost afraid to go for it for fear I'll buy something wrong. :0 Maybe for his birthday...

So glad you enjoyed Her Irish Warrior! :) Hope to see you at RWA this year.

And ohh, does that cookie bouquet look YUMMY.

Anonymous said...

I loved Her Irish Warrior too, Mary! I remember when DD first got her iPod. Tell your DS not to mow with it unless it's in a protective case. DD's got too hot and broke. :-(

MJFredrick said...

Michelle, I have no clue how to use the iPod, but the dh and my baby brother and SIL all have them and love them, so they can't be toooo tough.

I wish we still had those cookies.....

I passed on the word about not mowing. He was quite bummed ;)

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box