Goals for Week of MLK

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

I met and exceeded my daily goal yesterday, need to rewrite the climax, and it's downhill from here. I hope to send Surface to Trish by Wednesday.

I watched Brideshead Revisited last night. I kept thinking that Charles is Ozymandius in Watchmen, which I can't wait to see.

1) finish revisions on Surface and send to Trish
2) read through DLB and begin revisions-get through page 50
3) blog on SPN Sisters
4) Do one promo thing
5) Finish grading, get classroom ready for next few weeks of science and centers
6) Resume tutoring (wahhhhh!)
7) Continue battling mountain of laundry and army of dust bunnies, cook dinner every night since payday is a lonnnng way away.
8) Get on the exercise bike. I was bad about it this week because my back was hurting.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Janet Kaderli said...

Phew, Mary, just reading your goals exhausts me!

My goals today (Monday) are to clean house (dust bunnies are our friends but clutter needs to go!), check out blogs--hey, I'm here!--write, play bunco and watch a study session video.

As for not getting endings right the first time . . . I get nothing right the first time! But I gotta get it written down so I can change it. One thing that made me feel "Santa's Angels" was a good read: I could and did read it and re-read it for revisions, and I was still being moved when reading it.

For me it's always a matter of re-writing rather than writing. Come to think of it, maybe my goal for this week should be to finish revising what's already written, then write a new chapter to revise.

MJFredrick said...

The rewriting is the hardest part! Especially when the flaws seem to permeate the whole book! I really have learned a lot and both of these books are older, and so have a lot of flaws. Sigh.

Okay, really working on that new first scene now.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box