Rant Ahead

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

We've stopped answering our house phone. It's only someone we know one out of 5 times anyway, and all the other times, it's someone asking for money. Usually it's a charity I've heard of, and they have a good spiel and usually manage to get me to commit to $20, but damn it, I'm tired of being guilted out of my money. I don't spend frivolously. I think about my purchases ahead of time, even a $5 book or a $4 cup of coffee or a dinner out. Yes, I'm sure these are legit charities, but I'm being nickled and dimed, all because I get choked up when they call (and if the dh or ds answers, the caller asks for me, every time.) So I'm not answering my home phone and thinking of changing the number I've had for 10 years.

Also, is it too much to ask for my (relatively) new vacuum, which I don't use very much (no carpet) to NOT break? Especially the attachment we bought it for (that removes pet hair)? I don't think I've used the thing 10 times.

I cried buckets during this week's Grey's Anatomy. Anyone else see it?

Okay, I feel better now that I've gotten that off my chest. Off to write a new first scene in DLB.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey Mary!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm back in the land of the living (writing-wise, that is!) and thought I'd drop in and see how you're doing. You have been a busy woman! Glad to see you're still working away at your goals and that you have books out... congrats!!!
I've started a new blog under the name I plan to use if I ever bloody sell. Stop by sometime :)
Btw, do you not visit eHarl anymore?

Stephanie (Bosey)

MJFredrick said...

BOSEY!!!!!!! How ARE you???? No, no E-Harl anymore, no time, sadly. Okay, off to find your blog! I was just thinking about you the other day, wondering where you got to!

Anonymous said...

Mary, We got rid of our land line a long time ago. We have cable for internet and cell phones. It was the best thing we ever did technology-wise. No junk calls. No one calls me that I don't want to talk to.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box