Generosity and Good Luck

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures


This has been a pretty amazing week for us.

First, my mom and step=dad gave our son their 10 year old Taurus. That moves him up 6 years from his last vehicle. They even took him to change the license and paid for it. Wow. We just need to get it on our insurance, which I think I can do today.

Then my good friend Chris emailed me. She'd gotten a second set of conference CDs as a gift and wanted to know if I wanted. YES!! They arrived yesterday and are all ready to mount on my iPod when the dh gets home with it.

Yesterday I won a book about the series Angel from Smart Pop Books on Twitter.

And last night was the icing on the cake. We went to the boy's girlfriend's very first art show. It's a gallery in an old house, and she had three paintings displayed with all this other art. It was really incredible---poetry readings, a band, ice sculptors doing their thing, free food and drink. When we walked in, the young lady at the door asked us if we wanted to buy raffle tickets for a sculpture done by one of the men who would later be ice sculpting. It was a dolphin carved of mesquite, and the dh bought two tickets.

He was getting bitten by mosquitos, and he had to work this AM, so we left before the drawing. I texted the boy around 10 and told him I was going to bed. He texted back for me to stay up, they were on their way and it would be worth it. I didn't say anything to the dh, and when the boy came in, he told his dad he needed help with something.

Photobucket

Now, this picture doesn't show how big it is. It's about four feet tall and too heavy for me to move. They put it in the guest room because they're afraid the cats will scratch it. I told the dh I'm redoing the house in a beach theme. When I find a good home for it, I'll post a new picture.

What good luck has come your way lately? Do you ever worry you'll use it all up?

Photobucket

0 comments:

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box