Body Movers

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I stayed up late last night and finished Body Movers. It was really good - another book I wouldn't have bought, but I picked it up in the Harlequin room, and now I'll get the rest of the series when it comes out.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Body Movers is about Carlotta and Wesley, whose father was indicted on embezzlement 10 years ago, so he and the mother took off, leaving Carlotta to raise Wesley, struggling to make ends meet as a salesperson at Neiman Marcus. They'd been the people to have it all and now they have nothing. Worse, Wesley, at 19, has a gambling problem and a friend who puts him in harm's way, so Carlotta can never manage to get ahead.

The cover advertises this as a sexy mystery, but there is no sex. There was foreplay, and sexual tension in spades, but no sex. There are three potential heroes throughout.

The back blurb also tells something that doesn't happen till around p. 140. I hate when that happens.

But it was a book that compelled me to return to it (I had my favorite hero possibility, Jack, though Cooper grew on me.) And when Carlotta and Wesley made bad decisions, I cringed for them instead of yelling at them for being TSTL. They were well motivated in their choices.

And you know the saying about your first line sells this book and your last line sells the next? I am SO there for the next!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

8 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

You make the best book recommendations... I'm off to go find this one. Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

What Marianne said. You've made me interested in the book, too!

MJFredrick said...

I hope y'all like it. You know what it reminds me of? The last episode of Bones.

Janice Lynn said...

I read Stephanie Bond's In Deep Voodoo a couple of weeks ago & really enjoyed it. I have Our Husband to read, but haven't gotten to it yet. I've read several others by Stephanie & never been disappointed. She's a fabulous author.

KATZ said...

Stephanie came to speak at our chapter last year and she was great - extremely intelligent and professional.

Inspirational story, too. She started writing for one hour a day on her lunch break at her computer job!

MJFredrick said...

This was my first Stephanie Bond, come to think of it! Won't be my last! And In Deep Voodoo is one of the best titles EVER.

What is this...one hour...lunch break you speak of ;) ?

KATZ said...

Oops, sorry! Teachers don't really get a lunch break at all, do you?? :(
I'm addicted to my 1+ hr! (Notice the timestamp!)

MJFredrick said...

LOL, Sarah, you should see us at inservices. It's like we never get out, because we can go to a RESTAURANT for lunch!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box