What Is Sexy?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

You guys have GOT to try Milky Way Midnight. Oh. My. God. I had one in inservice the other day and everyone made fun of me because I enjoyed it way too much.

I was talking to Cindi's husband yesterday during inservice. While the presenter gave us time to work in groups, she put on music. Robert leaned over and said he loved this one song, because he thought there was nothing sexier than a woman singing. I thought that was weird, because this past month, I've thought the same thing about a man singing. I tried to explain this to Robert, saying it's because men so rarely show their vulnerabilities and in singing, most people feel vulnerable.

He didn't get it. (Actually, he knows me too well - "Geez, Mary, what DON'T you find sexy?"

But you guys get it, right? I was particularly impressed at the karaoke bar we went to in Atlanta, and the men who got up who could BELT and it was sexy. (Okay, I know some of them were gay, but not the one who came with a girl, and not JOHN - man, he was cute - Janice, you shoulda been there. He looked like Matthew.)

And I'm impressed with American Idol.

So to me, some things that make a man sexy are:

1) singing

2) a low voice, one you can hear coming down the hall

3) glasses - on occasion (another revealing weakness thing. Hm.)

4) a good daddy

5) a sense of humor, especially self-deprecating

6) Okay, this is shallow - a guy who wears a necklace. Not any necklace, but something meaningful. I had a firefighter hero wear a St. Florian medal, and that ratcheted it up for me. My current hero has dog tags, and when he and Isabella get together, he ain't taking them off. In the movie Something New, Simon Baker wore a necklace, and the visual....mmmm.

What's sexy to you?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

A low voice, hands, eyes. How he treats a woman :)

Colleen Gleason said...

Physically: low, smooth voice; dark eyes; lots of chest hair :-)

Personality: confidence without bravado, good sense of humor, the actual ability to listen to you when you talk.

Talents: I have a thing for musicians (good thing 'cause I married one)

Janice Lynn said...

Maybe I have a thing for musicians as well because my hubby used to sing to me when we were dating.

Intelligence & honesty are probably my biggest attractors, though. I like a guy who's smarter than me--no kidding. I have a masters from Vanderbilt & graduated with honors & I tend to get bored with the opposite sex quickly if I can't carry a decent conversation with them. My hubby is a rocket scientist--literally. ;) Honesty--well, that one speaks for itself. :)

Anonymous said...

Playing any musical instrument. My husband's playing of the saxophone got me big time. :) I also go by a man's voice, his hands, and the eyes.

This will sound weird to some, but you will understand, Mar...Tim McGraw's song "My Little Girl" makes me remember what I love most about men. GOTTA listen to that one. ASAP.

Joanna

April said...

My hubby plays bass, both electric and string and he has really strong hands. And boy do I find them sexy!

MJFredrick said...

Ohhh, yeah, musicians. I married one, too. Guitar player. Mmm.

Speaking of, this is my son's band. http://www.garageband.com/artist/stratosphericdiplomacy/podcast/newsletter

He's singing.

OKay, very weird to segue back into what's sexy agter THAT...I like hands, too, not chest hair.

VERY cool about your dh being a rocket scientist, Janice! I had no idea! You're right, intelligence is good. (Though personally I wouldn't know what to say to a rocket scientist!)

Joanna, I want to hear that song now! Will I cry?

Anonymous said...

Mar, you will cry big time. I'm saving that song to play at my daughter's hs graduation party...it is everything my DH feels about her but can't seem to get out in words. It will be my gift to the two of them.

J

Trish Milburn said...

I think we're all married to musicians. Hubby plays guitar, and we've got a home studio in our house. I agree with so many of what others have said -- kind, intelligence, funny. I'm not a chest hair person though. A combination of alphaness and tenderness is nice.

Trish Milburn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Colleen Gleason said...

Oh, hands. I forgot to mention them.

Nice hands, not too big, not too small. Not too much hair (I like it on the chest, not on the hands!), I like just the right amount of tendon-age. Squarish shape.

And what they can do with them....

Anonymous said...

My husband sometimes will bring me flowes, just because. That, to me, is very sexy.

MJFredrick said...

My dh used to bring me flowers, too. But then, he was working as a flower delivery guy.

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Paul Walker

*drool*

Oh, wait. You said "what", not "who".

Ahem...

Um...I like a necklace on a guy, too. My husband, though, refuses to wear one. :( (spoilsport)

Dads - to me - are sexy. Any guy who loves his kids, plays with them, spends oodles of time with them is sexy in my book.

MJFredrick said...

LOL, Elisabeth! I enjoy looking at Paul, but when he opens his mouth....the thrill is gone.

Glad I'm not the only one with the necklace thing ;)

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box