Fragmented

funny pictures
moar funny pictures

I freaked out a little this week (I know - shocking).

I was thinking that my stories are all too different.

I have my suspense - Second Chances and Vanished.

I have my adventure - Breaking Daylight, DLB, Spy Girl

I have my paranormal - Ghost and Vamp Hunters, though I have an idea how to turn Surface into one

I have my futuristic - Eden's Promise

I have my contemp romance - Something to Talk About

All my other ideas trend toward adventure or suspense, though I am LOVING my contemp romance. As in, want to run away and only spend time with it forever and ever (just kidding, but not much.)

The concern is if Susan ends up liking DLB, what else do I have to offer her?

And what do I send to Samhain next?

And WRP?

And should I bother entering Eden in the Shomi contest if I only have the one book for the line?

What about you? Do you write one thing, or are you all over the board like me?

I blogged at Wet Noodle Posse today about my GH call.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

I'm totally all over the place -- historical, fantasy, contemp, humorous, serious, suspense...

That's what makes it fun!

Gina Black said...

I'm all over the place too.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

My sub-tag line--all varieties of romantic fiction--probably says it all. :) The only thing I haven't done is historical.

Here's the thing. With micro press, generally speaking, you can sell anything. I have a contemporary romance trilogy and a romantic suspense with AQP, and my anthology of erotic romance contains fantasy, sf, paranormal, adventure, and contemporary stuff.

It's once you go to the big houses that they'll want you to specialize more, so by then you'll want to narrow it down to two. :)

Trish Milburn said...

Well, you know I'm all over the place. Keeps things from getting boring. :)

MJFredrick said...

True, Marianne and Trish, it IS more fun like this ;)

Gina, I know you do YA and historical - what else?

Narrowing, narrowing.....what a concept, Natalie!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box