Anti-Social


funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures


I hope everyone had a merry Christmas! My favorite gift, other than the Supernatural hoodie I asked for, was this T-shirt, from the dh:



















I love it when people get me ;)

I'm figuring out what I want to spend my money on. I can get a Supernatural calendar, but it's $25 PLUS $8 shipping! And I'm looking at charms for my charm bracelet. I need one for the road trip story, but the closest model I can find for the car is a 1964 Chevy, instead of a 1970 Chevelle. And I would like a charm of the Texas state capitol for the bodyguard book, but may get a gun instead ;) Then there's a Supernatural travel mug to match my hoodie....decisions, decisions. I NEED a computer or a sewing machine, too.

Yesterday we had a lovely afternoon at my brother and sister-in-law's house. Every year I kind of freeze up before we go over there, because there are a LOT of people. She has 3 sisters and a brother, and their significant others, and 3 nephews and 2 nieces and a grand-niece (that's right, Sonia, you have a GRAND niece :P ). A LOT of people. But then I get there and everyone's so wonderful and welcoming and we laugh too hard and eat too much, and just have a lovely time. My MIL was the same way--she'd fight us about going. She lived alone so would really have trouble with all the people. But then she loved it and couldn't wait until the next time.

Do you have to fight feeling anti-social? I would so much rather curl up in my house, but I know it's not good for me. Still, every time I go to something social, I fight with myself. Over the summer some of the teachers from my first school got together and Cindi even offered to drive me, but I didn't go and now I wish I had. And New Year's Eve my friend Lucinda has a party and I stopped going for a few years but now I make myself go, though I have to talk myself into it every time. Does anyone else do this?

Photobucket




4 comments:

Mary Curry said...

Absolutely! Especially if it involves an overnight stay, but generally anytime I have to do something out of the routine.

Glad you had a good time once you went!

Gina Black said...

Merry Xmas Mary!

To answer your question, I go through periods of introversion, and I finally am used to it.

As for the charms, have you looked on eBay? A friend of mine did a lot of charm shopping there for several years.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

God, yes, that describes me completely. Most of the time it's fine, but the less well I know people, the less I want to go to an event. I back out of stuff all the time. But I don't normally regret it. :)

MJFredrick said...

Mary, yes, out of the routine! I'm very routine-oriented.

Gina, just periods? I think it's interesting, I was still ready to party Sunday night but couldn't get anyone to go to the teacher party with me. Now I'm back in anti-social mode.

Natalie, yes, I know what you mean about not knowing the people as well. I did already tell Mom we're not coming over for New Year's Day, but that one is a gimme--the dh works until about 3 AM and crashes hard the next day.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box