What I'll Miss (and WON'T Miss) About the Christmas Season

cute pictures of puppies with captions
see more
dog and puppy pictures


I finished the bodyguard book yesterday!!! Will start revisions once I'm done with these galleys.

Yesterday the dh and I were at the grocery store and I was looking at the amaryllis and thinking I should buy one for Christmas, but...Christmas is Friday! It won't bloom by then.

So I started thinking of all the things I love and will miss when Christmas is over.

1) Decorated stores, especially with pretty displays, like the amaryllis with the rosemary trees.

2) Christmas movies

3) Christmas scents

4) What we call "concoctions"--Sprite with a slice of orange and maraschino cherries

5) My Christmas dishes and glasses

6) good sales

7) Christmas books

8) all the anticipation, my favorite part


What I won't miss:

1) crowds

2) my Christmas decorations. I'm always ready to put them away as soon as Christmas is done. Makes the house roomier

3) Christmas carols. After 3 weeks of listening to them with my class, I'm done.

4) chasing Mama Kitty out from under the tree

What about you? Ready for Christmas to be over, or are you still loving every minute?

Don't forget about the Samhellion contest, where you could win a Kindle 2! And....Nobody Writes It Better is having a holiday giveaway, too!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Congrats on finishing the bodyguard book!

I feel pretty much the same way. I'm fully in the spirit now, and will love everything about Christmas...until Sunday. LOL

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, Natalie! I'm alllllmost ready for it to be over, mostly because my house feels more cluttered, but that could just be because the dh and ds are home ;)

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

LOL Probably a combination. :)

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box