Roller Coaster

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures


Today is the last day for the Samhellion contest AND for the Nobody Writes It Better contest.

I'm thinking of running to the grocery store to get the ingredients to make this. Am I nuts? A front blew in last night and it's rather chilly. Another is coming in later, the same one that has the midwest socked in.

We went to see Avatar yesterday afternoon. We got to the theater at 4:45 for what I thought was the 5:30 show, but it turned out they had a 4:50 show. Good thing, because we got out at 8!!! Yup, that's 3 hours. I liked it, it was stunning, solid storytelling, emotional moments, kick-ass heroines (3 of them!) and nice conflict.

When we got home, I watched 500 Days of Summer. Might have liked it better if it was linear storytelling.

This week has been a roller coaster for writing. I finished the bodyguard book (YAY!) and started a short story (YAY!) and experienced some frustration (BOO!!!) and professional jealousy (BOOOO!!!!) It's not that I'm thinking I deserve something more than another writer. It's that I'm wondering what she's doing right and I'm doing wrong, you know? It's an ugly feeling and I need to shake it off and remember why I do this--because I love telling stories. (And I might go crazy if I bottled them all up!)

We celebrate Christmas Eve with my folks tonight and I have a little more wrapping to do. I never buy wrapping paper appropriate for small gifts, so it always looks junky, and I leave them to last. Then, proofing and cleaning and writing, if I'm lucky. I think I will head to the grocery store after all.

Photobucket


2 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

RE: Wrapping small gifts -- GIFT BAGS

RE: Professional jealousy -- perfectly normal and we all suffer from it... it's not that you wish THEY didn't do well, it's just that you'd like to have what they have, too. Right? Cuz, that's me in a nutshell.

And, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

MJFredrick said...

I did use the gift bags. And I have a ton--I recycle ;)

You're exactly right about the professional jealousy. Her books are awesome but I want to know what she's doing to be so successful.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box