Talk Amongst Yourselves

I loooove road trips. I love planning them, I love sittinginthepassengerseatwhilemyhusbanddrivesthroughstrangecitiesandstates. Hey, I offer to drive, he just feels it best that I don't. So I take my entertainment - books, my ms, CDs. The Harlequin bag I got from NY is STUFFED. (Yes, I'm one of those who packs everything JUST IN CASE. We're going to be gone 7 days and we have 5 bags. 5 small bags, but....)

I love vacations. I love getting away from it all. I love seeing new things. But at the same time I get really homesick. I miss my pets. I miss my bed. I MISS MY INTERNET! And I worry. I worry if I turned the thermostat so the AC won't run all day, if my house is secure, if my mother, who's checking on the pets, will notice that I didn't clean the bathroom this week. Honestly, last night I couldn't go to sleep because I was worried I'd forget to take a couple of extra CDs. Like listening to the radio would kill me.

So, I'm off, in about thirty minutes. I'll try to check in, since we're taking the laptop, but I have a feeling time with that will be a rare commodity. So, have a good week and see you in a few days!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time, Mary :)

Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your road trip!!

Anonymous said...

Have fun, Mar! Thank you for the pic of Gerard before you left!!!

JoAnn

Trish Milburn said...

Mary, I hope you're having a good time on the road. I love road trips too. I'm looking forward to my first long-distance train trip in a couple of weeks. I'll have to blog about that.

Kelly Boyce said...

Hope you have a great road trip - and wonderful pix of Gerry!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Have a good time, Mary! And don't worry about the bathroom. It will be there to clean next week. ;D - Kel

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip and wonderful time, and don't worry about anything!
Olga.

Anonymous said...

ARGH - can't remember my password, so can't log in as me. Anyway, we didn't much care for Kansas - rain, hail, and what we were pretty sure was a funnel cloud RIGHT OVER US!! A white knuckled ride, for sure. We should be in MN by supper tomorrow, though.

I rewrote the first 6 or so pages on my WIP. I used my Alpha Smart, so I'm not sure. It ended up cutting 16 pages. GULP.

Also, I was reading Black Rose, so decided to listen to the RWA chat with Nora. Our writing styles are so similar (other than the 6-8 hour days) so why am I not selling?? ;)

Anyway, if you hear anything about the Molly, post here. I think I'll at least be able to check my blog.

Colleen Gleason said...

Question of the Day:
Is Gerry taking it off or putting it on?

Colleen

Anonymous said...

LOL, Colleen! I imagine him putting it back on.

Mary

Trish Milburn said...

Mary, wow, you all made it a long way today. I know your butts and backs must be aching. This from a person who once drove from North Sioux City, South Dakota to Nashville, Tenn., in one day. DON'T want to do that again.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box