The Best Thing About Being a Writer

You know, since I came up with this topic, the best thing has changed for me about a half dozen times. When I first thought about it, I was thinking I loved the ideas part, the brainstorming, the thrill of the new story, of new love. I love that part.

There's also the excitement of sending something out, with the hope of hearing good news. There's the thrill of validation when you final in a contest. There's the HOPE that one day, it's all going to change.

Then, last weekend, I got to spend hours TALKING about writing. Have you ever just needed that? Talking to people who are like you? I mean, we do it a lot here, and I do it a lot in email groups and such, but it's different in real time. You can share enthusiasm and frustrations so much more clearly. I look forward to more of that today as Trish and I hit the mission trail!

This week, though, the best thing about being a writer is other writers. You guys and the Wet Noodle Posse have been AWESOME this week helping me with Don't Look Back. Trish Morey had a great suggestion, and I'm going to work it through over the next few days and see what comes. I've learned so much from Dee, from Robyn, from Mary Beth, from everybody who's chimed in. Guys, I've been teaching for 17 years and I've never had such support as I do in the writing community. You rock!

Trish and I stayed up till 1 AM watching Kate and Leopold, and today we're going to breakfast and sightseeing (this is a treat for me because I haven't been to the missions in years.) The funny thing we discovered today - we both have the same pajamas!

Image hosting by Photobucket

5 comments:

Toni Anderson said...

That is too funny! Good luck with the story changes!

Best thing...letting my imagination go nuts and really finding an outlet for the images inside my head. And trying to write something I like! I enjoy the challenge of trying to please me first--others next.

Anonymous said...

I love that movie :) I watch it on dvd often!

Diane Gaston said...

What I treasure most about this new life of mine as a writer, is the friends I have found. My life has been so enriched because of my writing friends.
Hugs to you all!
Diane

Shesawriter said...

You guys are having too much fun. Get back to work! ;-)

MJFredrick said...

Yes, Toni, I agree on letting the imagination going nuts!

Nikki, I'm glad you know what I'm talking about! Would you believe Trish and I haven't talked writing but maybe 20% of the time? There's so much OTHER stuff!

Diane, I think we're really blessed in our friendships. It makes every success all the sweeter and all the pitfalls less frightening.

I actually don't like Kate and Leopold. I thought the ending was a letdown, and he just wasn't as cute as he is in other movies.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box