Disappointing Movie Endings

I don't know why this came to mind when I was listening to a workshop on backstory (which is really good - Lynn Kerstan is a hoot, and she used to be a nun!) But I was thinking about Bridget Jones (the first) and how the ending really bugged me. So...Mark reads what she's written about him in her diary, storms out....to buy her a new one? Is this not against everything we've known about him to this point? Was this jarring to anyone else? Now, I can't check the BOOK'S ending because I loaned it out to Cindi's sister and NEVER GOT IT BACK (never mind that the woman now has a vacation home in CO....whatever....). What was the ending in the book?

Another one I was disappointed in (don't hate me, Janice) was How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. Of course you knew their secrets had to come out, but the singing bit? Screaming at each other in front of everyone in the world? I thought that was over the top and it ruined what was otherwise a cute movie.

Other than the last two Matrix movies, Secret Window and Van Helsing, I couldn't think of anymore movies that would have been keepers except for the ending. What about you?

Image hosting by Photobucket

5 comments:

Toni Anderson said...

I didn't like the ending of the Horse Whisperer. I wasn't keen on the book ending either, but the Hollywood version watered everything down too much! It was beautiful but I wasn't happy about the ending :)

Tracy Montoya said...

I could't stand the entire movie of How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Mary. I think reading good romances has made me way too picky when I watch a romantic comedy film. They all seem to suck to me. Also, I just watched Hitch the other day, and that ending was AWFUL. I totally wanted Will Smith to drop that nasty girl who never printed a retraction and go find someone else. (I like Eva Mendes, but her character was hideous.)

Marianne Arkins said...

French Kiss.

City of Angels.

Sweet November.


Sorry... I absolutely require a happy ending with no strings attached.

Anonymous said...

Yes, City of Angels--I didn't like that ending at all. Very disappointing.

I think I've blocked out many of the others...

MJFredrick said...

Tracy, I liked the beginning of the movie - I think Kate Hudson is so cute, and when she was moving her things in I cracked up, but then....

You're right, though, about being picky about romantic comedys. The only keepers I have are Love Actually, Bridget Jones and Two Weeks Notice. I did like Hitch, though.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box