Favorite Love Songs

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Image hosting by Photobucket

May your day be romantically wonderful.

In honor of the holiday, which I don't really celebrate as any different than any other day, I've compiled a list of favorite love songs.

1) "Everything I Do, I Do For You" from Robin Hood, by Bryan Adams
Because of these words: "I would fight for you - I'd lie for you, walk the wire for you - Yeah, I'd die for you!"

2) "Have You Really Ever Loved a Woman" from Don Juan De Marco, by Bryan Adams
Because of these words: "You've gotta breathe her - really taste her til you can feel her in your blood, abd when you can see your unborn children in her eyes, you know you really love a woman."

3) One by U2
Okay, the lyrics, not so romantic, but the feel of the song is so sexy.

4) All I Want Is You by U2
Another sexy song. I just want to believe Bono wrote this for Allison - they've been married for a million years.

5) Black by Pearl Jam
The whole song! What longing, what pain! Why can't I write like that?

6) Save a Prayer by Duran Duran
I love the feel of this song, and these words: "Pretty looking road, try to hold the rising floods that fill my skin. Don't ask me why I'll keep my promise, melt the ice. And you wanted to dance so I asked you to dance, but fear is in your soul. Some people call it a one night stand but we can call it paradise."

7) In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel
Oh. My. God. "In your eyes, the light the heat, in your eyes I am complete; in your eyes, I see the doorway to a thousand churches, in your eyes, the resolution of all the fruitless searches. In your eyes I see the light and the heat. In your eyes, oh, I want to be that complete. I want to touch the light the heat I see in your eyes." Sing it, Peter!

8) Lovesong by The Cure. The whole thing. Sigh.

9) Chances Are - the duet with Bob Seger and Martina McBride, also recorded by Robert Downey Jr and Vonda Shepard.
All of it. Plus, I love Duetsd

10) The Time of My Life by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes from Dirty Dancing

11) To Make You Feel My Love lyrics by Garth Brooks from the Hope Floats soundtrack

12) Your Song and Come What May from Moulin Rouge

13) When I Fall in Love from Sleepless in Seattle

14) I Will Always Love You - the Dolly Parton version

15) This I Promise You by N Sync

16) Always on My Mind and Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain by Willie Nelson

17) Crazy for You by Madonna

18) Take My Breath Away by Berlin, from Top Gun

19) Somebody to Love by Queen - love Freddy Mercury's voice

20) We Belong by Pat Benatar.

What do you have to add?

Image hosting by Photobucket

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

"You just get better all the time" by Tim McGraw. I like it because it's about mature love that has lasted through...well, just about everything. That's where I'm at romantically. :)

Hugs,
Joanna

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Mary :)

kris said...

One of my favorite, most romantic songs ever: Beth, by Kiss. Partly it's the surprise factor. Remember when it came out and everyone said. "That's KISS???" But the song is just so heartbreaking ... a man torn between his love for her & his love for the music, knowing what she's feeling but unable to go to her ... It just makes me sigh every time.

Toni Anderson said...

I can't believe you did love songs--I did love songs too LOL!!!!

Happy Valentine's Day Mary.

Dana Pollard said...

I Love You (for sentimental reasons) by Linda Ronstadt.

Charity Tahmaseb said...

One of my new favorites is a U2 song, Original of the Species:

And you feel like no-one before
You steal right under my door
And I kneel ‘cos I want you some more
I want the lot of what you got
And I want nothing that you’re not


But then, I could listen to Bono all day long.

Jill Monroe said...

Father Figure by George Michael. I know, I know = he's since come out that he's gay - but I choose to ignore that.

Rachel Vincent said...

Ooh, I like most of the ones you listed.

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Mary.
Love your blog. Keep it up. At times, you inspire me to write.

As for love songs, I'm with you on Dolly Parton's "I Will Always Love You".

I have to add Eric Clapton "You Look Wonderful Tonight".

Trish Milburn said...

"Take My Breath Away" by Berlin is my all-time favorite song, and every time I hear that Peter Gabriel song, I think of the scene from Say Anything.

I'll also add "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion from Titanic, "I Don't Want to Say Goodbye" by Teddy Thompson from Brokeback Mountain, and "I Will Find You" by Clannad from Last of the Mohicans.

Trish Milburn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Trish Milburn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MJFredrick said...

JoAnn, was that the song you had me listen to last summer?

Happy Valentine's Day, Bonnie!

Queen-a, I loved that song, too! And it reminds me of a similar one (though not as surprising) "Faithfully" by Journey.

Toni, I'm scooting over there to see if we had any in common!

Dana, is the Linda Rondstat song a remake? I don't think I've heard it if it's not.

Stacy and Charity, I've not heard those songs. I know the U2 one is in the house somewhere - we have every U2 CD.

Jill, I choose to forget he's gay, too. I don't know the Father Figure song from the title. Prolly would if I heard it.

Thanks, Lupe! Yes, that Eric Clapton one is romantic. I wish they hadn't used it in so many commercials, though!

Trish, I haven't heard your last two. I knew about Berlin (for those of you NOT in the car Sunday morning, the song was on and my son kept trying to change it). I know the Titanic song is pretty, but wow, was it overplayed!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box