Aches and AC

So yesterday I went to Lowe's between the grocery store (got my TV Guide - YAY!) and waiting for the library to open.

They had carpet grass. I needed carpet grass. I called Baby Brother and his pick-up. He came over, we let the Lowe's guy load the grass while I paid (and got 3 hydrangeas for $2 each - seriously! You should have seen those people going crazy for hydrangeas.) Still, waited in line in the chilling wind for about 20 minutes. He at least had the sense to wear a jacket - I was in my Winchester t-shirt, yoga pants and flip flops. We were locking up the truck when I remembered I don't have a wheelbarrow. So I went to buy one, then gave BB a ride through the parking lot of Lowe's.

It took us half an hour to unload, and I spent the rest of the day pulling weeds and laying down grass. Okay, there were actually only 30 pieces of sod, which didn't cover much area (my MIL said, "30 pieces! That must have taken care of the whole back yard!" Uh, NO.) But we had to lay down topsoil (which came in 40 lb bags) and the grass itself wasn't light. Baby Brother had to go home to get ready for prom, and the brother formerly known as broken came to look at the AC. He diagnosed, my step dad did the work, and it only cost $40. YAY! Of course it's 47 degrees....

Baby Brother and I laughed that FOUR men were working on the AC, which was hardly physical at all (it was terminal wires or something) and the two of us were unloading the pick-up and carrying stuff to the back yard. Come ON! Though the dh pitched in for a bit after lunch, as did the boy.

Needless to say, I didn't write a word. We ate dinner at 8:30 and I crawled onto the couch to watch National Treasure, then went to bed.

Today I plan to write. If I can lift my arm.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

0 comments:

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box