Conversations with Men

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The other evening the dh called me, but I was outside and didn’t pick up. Later, I went to listen to messages, and heard several voices on one message. Turns out, after he called me, he didn’t hang up. So I got to eavesdrop.

One man, Alan (I recognized his voice), said that he didn’t know any happily married man who didn’t get together with the guys and complain about his wife, because, he said, “You know they’re doing it.”

My dh said something about me being on internet boards, apparently going to say I did my complaining there. He said something about me writing romance novels.

A third man repeated that, kind of surprised.

My dh was nonchalant about it, and Alan said something about me not being published yet but working very hard and writing well. Then my dh started telling the other guy about RWA and National and the GH.

The phone cut out then, but I was stunned that he speaks about my writing so often, apparently, that his co-worker was even proud of me.

You just never know.

Critique went really well. They liked this story a lot, just a few nitpicking things. Maybe now I'll be inspired to finish it. I have to go to the office supply store after breakfast, and I want to go to the nursery and get that hibiscus, if they still have it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

8 comments:

Linda Winfree said...

Aw, Mary, that's so sweet. How great is it that he's so supportive?

I love hibiscus -- when we finally finish our renovations, I want potted ones around our patio area.

Stephanie said...

What a great guy you have there!!! He must be your inspiration for so many wonderful heroes :)

Trish Milburn said...

I like your hubster even more now.:)

Anonymous said...

What great guys!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY Mary's dh!
:-)

Marianne Arkins said...

Oh man, what a sweetie! You're a lucky lady!

MJFredrick said...

I am indeed very lucky! This is the guy who's driven me to 3 conferences and taken care of the kid in the meantime. AND he took me to a nursery TWICE yesterday.

Linda, you would go crazy here - I have SEVENTEEN hibiscus as of this weekend.

dawn said...

see, this is why i have always adored F. he is trueblue.

needless to say, i would NOT want to listen to a 'continuedconversation' at this house. :)

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box