We will sell no wine....and JDM

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

At my plotting retreat, one of the ladies brought a bottle of Vampire wine. That's the label, and it was a thick Merlot. I have looked at every HEB without luck and so last night after my birthday dinner, we dropped the boy off at a concert and went to Central Market. I bought three bottles (2 accidentally the same, bummer.) We also bought beer and margarita mix, since you can't buy alcohol in Texas before 12 noon on Sunday.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. It was a nice day, and quiet. We cleaned up the back yard for the barbecue today, I went down to Dawn's, which is like going to a botanical garden in and of itself. She sent me home with an armful of roses. Speaking of wine, she designed the labels for this winery.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I came home, napped, went to my favorite in town restaurant and had TWO appetizers!

Now I think I'm coming down with a sore throat, and can't sleep. And company will be here in 11 hours.....and the food isn't bought!

Today JDM turns 41 - yes, he's one day younger than me. Fate, I tell you!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like you had a grand time, even if you did get a sore throat! Happy b-day Mary!!!!!

Trish Milburn said...

Have fun at the barbecue!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!!!

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Oooooh.

Who makes the Vamp wine? I have a friend who's obsessed with the dark ones. Must buy her that wine. Tell, tell.

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Oh, yeah. DUH! Happy Birthday!!! Glad it was a good one.

Anonymous said...

Is the vampire wine local?
Hope you're feeling better!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

I'm glad you had a nice birthday, Mary!! Oh my gosh--vampire wine! That's new. haha!

MJFredrick said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!! We had fun, but by the time everyone left, we all just collapsed. Having a party is an all weekend thing!

The website for the vamp wine is http://www.vampirewine.com. It's imported from Transylvania, and we didn't even open the bottle last night!

We did have mango margaritas, though.

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Ooh. Awesome. Thanks for the link. :)

MJFredrick said...

You're welcome, Elisabeth!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box