Old Crushes and Talents I Wish I Had

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A certain former celebrity crush lost his home in a fire this weekend. Sad, yes, but sadder was that he and his wife, with whom he had 3 kids, have split and now he has 2 kids with another woman. He always seemed like such a good husband and father, really down to earth, and he really seemed to love his wife. I'm sure he loves this woman, too, but knowing it all went wrong makes me sad.

I wrote 4 books with this guy as the hero, and no, I'm not telling ;)

Yesterday I made a glaring faux pas at my brother's house. His SIL's fiancee is named Adolfo. I know this. The guy has been around for about 5 years. I've been to karaoke with the guy, many parties, and yet I keep thinking his name is Xavier.

I have no idea who Xavier is.

I called him Xavier yesterday. SO embarrassing. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I can't stop thinking of what an idiot I am.

See, the thing is, I'm GOOD with names. When I taught music, I knew the name of every kid in school (over 500 of them!) I know the names of characters on shows and in movies. WHY am I getting this guy's name wrong????

So, apart from the talent to sink into the ground, here are talents I wish I had:

1) I wish I could sing. Like, really sing. Yes, I was music teacher, and I do karaoke, but I'm not GOOD. My SIL is GOOD - if they had American Idol for 30-40 year olds, she'd definitely go to Hollywood. I wish I could really sing.

2) I wish I could draw. The shading, the detail, heck, I'd settle for the shape being mostly right. I model art projects for my kids, they lament that they couldn't do what I did. The thing is, they do it BETTER.

3) I wish I could do html. Every summer I say I'm going to learn. Every summer speeds by.

What do you wish you could do?

Breaking Daylight is turning out to be a LOT sexier than I thought. Scary, really.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe there is something to the name thing. Possible that he is just using an alias and he really is Xavier and somehow you just know that? Does this guy act like he is hiding something, something from his past? Ok, I'm kidding, but that's where my mind went when I read that.

Trish Milburn said...

I too wish I could draw -- and paint. Then there's that pesky swimming thing.

Anonymous said...

oh yikes!! poor xavier. :-)
I wish I could dance!

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Okay, spill the beans. Who's the actor whose house burned down? After I read your blog I went looking and couldn't find it. Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

I know an Xavier. Cool name.

And I wish I could sing. Or that I wasn't self-conscious about my voice. You all had so much fun at karaoke last summer in Atlanta. I just don't have the nerve to get up there and sing.

MJFredrick said...

LOL, Karen! That's what I'll tell him if he says anything!

Trish, oh, yes, painting! My other friend Trish paints so pretty - I wish I could do that.

Mary Beth, yes, dancing, too!

Ha, Elisabeth, I'm not telling! And yes, we had a blast at karaoke. Pris and I had gone earlier in the summer and just had so much fun.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box