Carpe Diem

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Last year my step-mother bought me a Kate Spade bowl and candleholder for my birthday. When she came in November, she said, “You know this is a candleholder, right?” Why? Because I hadn’t used it. I didn’t want to mess it up with the waxy soot, or the other by-products of candles. It was KATE SPADE, for heaven’s sake. How could I use it?

I have an unopened bottle of champagne in my fridge. We bought it a year and a half ago when I signed with my agent, thinking, Any day now...

Last night I ended up going to Dawn's after all. We sat on her patio and talked for 2 1/2 hours. The first thing I said to her when I walked in was, "Why did it take so long for us to do this?" We've both lived in the neighborhood 8 years, 3 houses down, we're the same age, our sons are the same age (and alternately bosom buddies and enemies), both teachers. We'd talk like crazy when we'd see each other, but never would seek each other out, sadly. We had so much fun last night, we vowed to do it again.

What have you put off doing that you wish you hadn't?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

KATZ said...

Just over the past year or so I've started asking people if they want to go out to eat -- a critique partner, another woman from my RWA chapter, a woman I met at church. If we seemed to hit it off, I just make the leap -- and each time it's been so fun, and they are so receptive. I'm surrounded by men at work all day, and surrounding myself with more women is necessary for my sanity!! :)

dawn said...

mary, i already bought a sauvignon blanc for the next patio sitdown. :)

you know, mary, life as a mother is sheer mayhem when the kids are younger. maybe, the sheer mayhem is what told us 'hey, stop! take a chillpill
and drink some wine together!'

i cannot believe how fast the time went. no wonder
i needed to pee. :)

MJFredrick said...

VERY cool, Sarah! I never would have thought it of you! You seem so shy!

All right, Dawn! Let me know!!! That was so much fun!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box