La Nora

dog
see more dog pictures

Kris emailed me last night and asked if I was in the path of the hurricane. I was like, there's a hurricane? So yes, not been paying attention to anything not book/comic book related ;)

I finished reading TRIBUTE. Took me 2 weeks - 451 pages in something like 9 point font. LOTS of details about rehabbing a house. I did end up liking Ford, a geek boy, and his dog Spock, though he didn't introduce well, imo. And I didn't like the villain. It was a little like Carolina Moon meets The Perfect Neighbor - she was famous, he was an artist.

So it got me thinking to the Nora books I LOVE. Here are my top twelve (was going to be 10, but the woman is PROLIFIC!):

12) Northern Lights
11) Montana Sky
10) Angels Fall
9) The Calhoun Women
8) Daring to Dream
7) Rafe MacKade - okay, all the MacKades
6) Born in Ice
5) Rising Tides (LOVED Ethan)
4) High Noon
3) Blood Brothers
2) Carnal Innocence (Tucker Longstreet....sigh....)
1) Divine Evil (scared the hooey out of me)

I have Death Angel by Linda Howard and Into the Fire by Suzanne Brockmann waiting at the library, too.

Who is your favorite author? What are your favorite books by her? (or...him!)

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Born in Fire by Nora. As for other authors--LaVyrle Spencer's Morning Glory is one of my all-time favorites. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the whole Born In trilogy. I have too many favorites. One of my all time faves is Deborah Smith's A PLACE TO CALL HOME. Margot Early's The Keeper and Who's Afraid of the Mistletoe. Leif Enger's Peace Like a River is on my top 5 list. So is Francine Rivers' Redeeming Love.

MJFredrick said...

Michelle, we went on a field trip to a glass blower and the whole time I was thinking of Maggie. She was a bit too fiery for me, though ;) And I've never read LaVyrle Spencer - is that bad?

Mary Beth, I LOVED A Place to Call Home, too! I've not read the others.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box