Why Doesn't My Brain Have a Pause Button?

cat
more cat pictures

Yeah, everyone's at RWA workshops and I'm heading for the grocery store....

I didn't sleep well last night AGAIN. My brain just takes too long to shut down. The night before, I had nightmares, thanks to Linda Howard's new book, so I got up and watched a Grey's Anatomy, then went back to bed at 5 and dreamed of all the different ways Denny could die (a tidal wave was one of them, because he actually left the hospital at some point...)

ANYWAY....last night, I was thinking maybe I should take the terrorist plot out of BD, just make it a man looking for a drug smuggler by following the mistress. Much simpler. I've submitted the thought to my critique group, who have read almost every page. They may kill me. But seriously, I don't think it will be that big of a change until the end, and I may be able to resubmit to SRS if I ever hear from Susan about DLB.

I also know how to fix Ghost Hunters.

But I really want to work on Spy Girl.

All this is rolling around in my head along with the grocery list and the bills to be paid and getting ready to go back to work and.....you know. It took me over an hour to fall asleep!

I spent yesterday reading. I'm on chapter 3 of Into the Night, I read more than half of Her Best Friend's Husband by Justine Davis and finished Death Angel. After my trip to the grocery store, I think I'm going to repeat....

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it won't make that big of a difference until the end, you definitely need to take it out.
:-)
Yikes on the nightmare. You wouldn't happen to be taking Hydracodone, would you? Because it's been giving me those kinds of nightmares.

Jennifer Shirk said...

Ooh, that's awful when the brain won't shut off.
Hope you get some good rest soon.

MJFredrick said...

Okay, I should have said it won't be that hard to change until the end, because they're looking for the villain - all I have to do is change WHY they're looking for him ;)

No hydracodone, no anything. I was going to take Tylenol PM last night but the boy needed to get up early and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get up.

Thanks, Jennifer!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box