Simple Girls, Complex Girls

cat
more cat pictures


I'm also blogging at Wet Noodle Posse about conference as a Golden Heart Finalist. And don't forget to check out my feature on The Romance Studio

I was watching an old Sex and the City, after Big left Carrie and decided to marry....I can't remember her name. Carrie called her the Soulless Stick. Carrie laments the fact that he'll marry the soulless stick but not Carrie. She decides that she's complicated and the Soulless Stick is simple. The women then talk about the movie The Way We Were (which I don't remember but I saw the DVD at the library and will get it on my next trip) and how Hubble breaks up with Katie because she's complicated, then he ends up marrying a simple girl.

Later at dinner, the subject came up again, this time from my brother (or my son, I can't remember. I just thought it was weird that it would come up again so soon.) I think we were talking about my son's complicated lovelife. ANYWAY, I asked my son why he didn't choose better situations, and he said simple girls were boring.

He then confirmed my suspicion that I'm a simple girl. I don't think I want to be complicated, but that hurt my feelings, just a little.

So what about you? Simple or complicated?


Photobucket

5 comments:

Gina Black said...

Definitely complicated.

Anonymous said...

Hmm. This is going to sound weird, but I think I am both. I can bring either one forward in me, when the time or needs call for it. And actually, I think we are all both. Sometimes one is more highlighted than the other. Mary, I think you are both. But your son doesn't see that complicated side of you. He can't even allow himself to do that! He's your son, and Mom must be Mom. :) But Fred knows that side...and those closest to you know it, too.

JoAnn

Tracy Montoya said...

I think that's a compliment, coming from your son, Mary. Isn't the "simple" girl often the reliable girl who loves you unconditionally, without making demands, and makes life easy and carefree when you're around her? All mothers should be "simple!" I'm sure your dh sees your complex side--and you HAVE to have one, or you wouldn't be a writer!

Marianne Arkins said...

I like to think I'm simple, but honestly... I'm probably complicated.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Yeah, Mary, I was going to say no son can see the complicatedness of his mother, and you shouldn't let it bother you. I think you're WAY complicated. :)

As am I, for sure.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box