Priorities

cat
more cat pictures

Yesterday my priorities were skewed, so I'm taking a harder look at them. We're at less than a month till I go back to work, I need to buckle down.

My priorities are NOT:

1) watching The Watchmen trailer 20 times
2) looking up and buying the Smashing Pumpkins song ("The Beginning is the End is the Beginning")
3) looking at the scans from the ComicCon issue of EW.
Photobucket
Photobucket

4) going to HEB looking for the ComicCon issue of EW.
5) calling bookstores (and I hate using the phone) looking for the ComicCon issue of EW. (and not finding it)
Photobucket

6) making room for The Watchmen teaser on my iPod
7) reading every blog written and adding more subscriptions to my Google Reader
8) sitting in the pool for an hour after I cleaned it (and it now has a HOLE, thank you very much to a kitty named DUKEY!) - although that was nice and allowed me to turn the AC down
9) clearing off the Tivo in one sitting
10) still trying to decide how to spend my Amazon gift cert - like I'll make the WRONG choice - all this stuff has been on my wishlist forever.

My priorities ARE:

1) finishing Surface, and since I had a brainstorm yesterday, I went backwards in the story, so I'm at the same place today that I was this time yesterday.
2) spending time with the family
3) getting critiques done
4) getting research done
5) reading Tribute, because I need to get it back to the library
6) keeping up the house
7) promoting
8) teaching the boy to drive
9) exercise
10) finish sewing

Now, really, is that so hard? What keeps you from sticking to your priorities?

Photobucket

5 comments:

Linda Winfree said...

Usually life stuff beyond my control gets in the way. That's what's going on now and it's making me crazy!

I love your Daffy Duck. I want to take him back to my blog. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I'm a terrible procrastinator. I think I subconsciously work to avoid writing, because I know when I get into the book, it tends to consume me. So, I find everything and anything to do other than stay on task.

It's crazy, I got more done when I had toddlers underfoot.

KATZ said...

You forgot The Bachelorette season on YouTube as a distraction... major time vacuum for me this week! But SOOO good! :)

Tracy Montoya said...

I subscribe to EW, so if you can't find the Watchmen issue, let me know and I'll mail you mine.

MJFredrick said...

Life...yes, life is interfering this week. And Linda, I don't see how you do all you do!

Shelisa, you're another busy lady! Interesting that you got more done when the kids were small. Why don't you let the book consume you for a bit, though?

Sarah, LOL! You Tube....that one killed me last summer. I've been better this summer, though I want to watch JDM's old series before school starts!

Tracy, you're so sweet! I should be able to find it today...I'll let you know.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box