My Fourth

cat
more cat pictures

I was sooooo tired last night! My folks came to get the ds and me around 4. We headed out to their place in the country, which they share with my aunt and uncle, who have a house out there. This used to be my grandparents' place, where we spent a lot of our time growing up.

We visited with my aunt and uncle and 2 cousins. My cousin Jennifer had her 2 babies, one not quite 2 and the other 2 1/2 months. The baby weighed 15 pounds at his 2 month check-up! My back is feeling it now, because I held him a LONG time.

July 4, 2008

July 4, 2008


So we were chatting, and it was really hot and sunny. Mom went back over to start the grill and we looked toward the hills and saw rain. It obscured the hills behind as it moved toward us, so I handed off the baby, Jennifer got her kids inside and just as Mom put everything on the grill, the rain came down. So we sat inside their place and watched family movies, running out occasionally to check on the grill. The rain ended pretty quickly and cooled things down - it was very pleasant.

July 4, 2008

July 4, 2008


We managed to eat around 7 ;), then went for a walk. While we were gone, we started hearing gunshots, and got a little nervous, then realized it was my uncle and younger cousin (he's 21) skeet shooting. After we walked a way down to see this lady who has two lions (yes, lions, but they weren't out yesterday), we headed back, thinking we needed to get into town if we were going to see the fireworks.

We decided to stop and try some shooting. I was hoping for a handgun, but it was a 12 gauge and she had some KICK. Dang. Even my mom shot, though my stepdad was the only one who hit the skeet. My uncle was IMPRESSED.

July 4, 2008

July 4, 2008

July 4, 2008

By the time we got in the car to head to town, it was already dark. Mom was all nervous that we wouldn't make it, but along the drive, we saw a number of displays. Once we got to Seguin, the fireworks had already started, so we pulled into a parking lot behind a bank and watched from there. It was music-free, but really nice.

Got home at 10:30 and were POOPED. I barely made it to bed! But it made me want to dig out my very first book to see how much work it would take to fix it....it was set in that small town.

How was your Fourth? Hold any babies? See any lions? Shoot any shotguns? :) When Baby Brother sends pics, I'll add them.

Today: 10 pages on Surface and judge at least one PYHIAB contest entry.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Hey, I'm judging in PYHIAB too!

Gee, I didn't see any lions or shoot any guns. I feel my Fourth is somewhat lacking now. LOL!

I did go to the beach, hosted a BBQ and ate WAY too much. :)

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box