Who ARE These People?

35 pages over the 3-day weekend. Not as much as I'd hoped, but clearly sitting down for more than half an hour at a time is beyond my capabilities. And when I get up I have to putter for 15 minutes or so. So I did 6 hours on Saturday, 4 1/2 on Sunday and 3 1/2 on Monday. If I didn't have inservice today, I'd be tempted to take off.

Yesterday I wrote the love scene, the one that's been in my head since summer, and it is all wrong. First, if you've read my stuff before and then you read this, you wouldn't believe it was by the same person. This scene is very raw. I figured out later it's because my characters have SUCH trust issues. I mean, in DLB, Del and Liv had issues, but they trusted each other. Alex and Bella don't trust each other at all. She keeps everything from him even though he's saved her life, he doesn't trust her because she was a drug lord's mistress. They are so guarded with each other, it's no wonder the love scene was just sex. In fact, they're so guarded, I don't know how I'm going to give them a happily ever after.

Definitely when BIAW is over, I need to go back to the beginning and give them SOME tenderness toward each other, something that will make the love scene hot instead of, well, raw.

I also made a digital collage of my next book (sad, I know, but I'm thinking about doing NaNo this year.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

35 pages is very respectable! Way to go! And love the collage : )

Kelly Boyce said...

I love the digitial collage! I was thinking about doing that for my series.

Great work on 35 pages!

Trish Milburn said...

Cool collage with yummy guys.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I just signed up for NaNo! First time, because things never lined up for me before.

Except I have no chance of winning, 'cause I'm using a book I've already started, so it's cheating. But I want to participate, anyway.

But it does make me wonder, Mary--what is it about us, two people who have no problem finishing books, who feel a need to join this program? LOL

Anonymous said...

YAY on the pages. Love the collage.

MJFredrick said...

Thanks, y'all! Now the question - which one will be the hero???

Stephanie, I have no idea why we put this pressure on ourselves. Mostly I want to see if I can do it, though I know putting that kind of pressure on myself usually backfires. But I want to see.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box