Movie quotes

I'm a teacher, I can't help myself. I make tests.

Name the movie each quote came from.


1) “That’s some bad hat, Harry.” YAY, MICHELE GOT IT !!! JAWS!

2) “Are they heavy?”
“Yeah.”
“Then they’re expensive. Put them back.” CANDICE GOT THIS ONE - JURASSIC PARK!

3) “I coulda been at a barbecue!” LINDA GOT IT!!!! INDEPENDENCE DAY!!! ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOVIES!!

4) “I seriously think you should rethink the length of your sideburns.” BONNIE GOT THIS ONE - BRIDGET JONES

5) “There is a huge space between us and it keeps filling up with all the things we don’t say to each other.” Here’s another from the same movie. “Same old, same old. People need killin’.” MICHELE GOT THIS ONE - MR. AND MRS. SMITH

6) “I take a vitamin every day. It’s called a steak.” (This is a favorite quote around here.) MAYBE I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO'S SEEN THIS ONE - KICKING AND SCREAMING WITH WILL FARRELL.

7) “We die free or we die trying.”
“Are those the only choices?”
Another from the same movie: “I saw my whole life flash before my eyes…it was BORING!” YES! CHICKEN RUN! GOOD JOB, APRIL!

8) “I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw. I'm scared of what I did, of who I am. And most of all... I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life, the way I feel when I'm with you.” MARIANNE GOT THIS ONE - DIRTY DANCING

9) “Where do these stairs go?”
“They go up.” CANDICE GOT THIS ONE - GHOSTBUSTERS

10) “Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the emperor of Rome.” MARIANNE GOT THIS ONE TOO -GLADIATOR

11) “You got to fire your big gun. Did it meet your expectations?”
“Overrated.” MICHELE GOT THIS ONE - LAKE PLACID. ONE OF MY FAVORITE GUILTY PLEASURES.

12) “There’s no crying in baseball!” MAIRANNE IS ON A ROLL - THIS ONE IS A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN

13) “Do you recognize him?”
“No, but he was young and vigorous. He was very vigorous, father.” MARIANNE GOT THIS ONE - THE MASK OF ZORRO

14) “Throughout human history, we have been dependent on machines to survive. Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony.” YES!!! MATRIX!!! YAY, MICHELE!

15) "Gentlemen, congratulations. You're everything we've come to expect from years of government training." KRIS!!! GOT THIS ONE - MEN IN BLACK!

16) “It must be some life, seeing all those different places.”
“You should know... you've been writing from them for years.” MICHELE GOT THIS ONE - DEAR FRANKIE

17) “You’re laughing at me.”
“I'm laughing at the fact I used to find you charming.”
“I am charming.” MICHELE GOT THIS ONE, TOO, TOMB RAIDER 2!

18) “What's in this can?”
“That's for your breath. You could use it. Squirt some in your mouth.”
“Yeah, well that's mace, isn't it?” TRACY GOT THIS ONE - OUT OF SIGHT!

19) “Got any beer?”
“This is a school.”
“So that’s a no?” YES!!! CANDICE GOT THIS ONE - X MEN 2, CONVERSATION BETWEEN WOLVERINE AND BOBBY IN THE KITCHEN

20) “You don’t have to walk me home.”
“You block the wind.” MARIANNE GOT THIS ONE, WHICH I THOUGHT WAS PRETTY OBSCURE - WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING

This is a clue to one of them!

Image hosting by Photobucket

23 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

#20 is from While You Were Sleeping... a bunch of the others I recognize, but can't place. Very frustrating! I'll keep thinking...

Marianne Arkins said...

Got some more:

#8 is Dirty Dancing

#10 I'm guessing is Gladiator

#12 is A League of Their Own

#13 was Mask of Zorro

#14 Terminator?

I recognize #1, #2, #7, #15, and #17. This is going to bug me all day.... LOL....

MJFredrick said...

Yes on all but Terminator, Marianne!

Anonymous said...

4) Is Bridget Jones

MJFredrick said...

Yep, Bonnie!

MicheleKS said...

5) Mr. and Mrs. Smith

MicheleKS said...

10) Gladiator
16) Dear Frankie
17) Tomb Raider 2

Those are the ones I'm certain of.

MJFredrick said...

I knew I could count on Michele to get the Gerry and Russell movie quotes!

Drat, I should've done a Cinderella Man quote....

MJFredrick said...

Marianne, I can't believe you got #20 so quickly. It doesn't give much clue to the movie. I thought it was cute, though.

Marianne Arkins said...

Mary,

While you Were Sleeping has to be one of my all time FAVE movies. Love everything about it. I could probably quote along with the dialogue throughout.

*sigh*

I think I'll watch it again tonight :-]

M.

kris said...

15 is from Men in Black.

Now I really need to know the one about the boring life flashing before the eyes!

MJFredrick said...

Yep, Kris! I'm amazed - you know that's a MOVIE, right?? The other one is from one of my favorite movies, and it would be appropriate for HRH.

Marianne, I'm that way with TR2 - it just relaxes me. I couldn't find a good quote from my favorite rom com, 2 Weeks Notice, though.

MicheleKS said...

Mary, if I couldn't get those quotes there would be something wrong with me. I bet if I posted a quiz of my favorite quotes I'd baffle a lot of people. My favorite movie quotes are all over the place.

Unknown said...

#9 -- Ghostbusters

#2 -- Jurassic Park

April said...

Is #7 from Ants? It's either that or a Bugs Life. I get the two confused sometimes. Of course, I could be completely wrong!

April said...

Oh, wait! Was #7 from Chicken Run? I watch way too many animated movies...

April said...

Is #18 from One Fine Day?

Linda Winfree said...

#3 -- "I coulda been at a barbeque!" -- Independence Day, Will Smith as he drags the alien across the desert. :-D

MJFredrick said...

Nope, not One Fine Day. This one is a GOOD GC movie ;)

Unknown said...

#19 -- X Men

Candice

Tracy Montoya said...

Is 14 I, Robot? And 18 is Out of Sight--excellent movie.

MJFredrick said...

No, not I Robot. The first movie in a trilogy.

#1 was the first summer blockbuster.

#6 was said by Robert Duvall.

#11 was said by Bridget Fonda.

#14 was said by Laurence Fishburne.

MicheleKS said...

#1 - Jaws

#11 - Lake Placid

#14 - The Matrix

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box