Sexy voices

I think voices are one of the sexiest attributes in a man. So sexy, in fact, that I just kept listing and listing so I decided to classify.

Accents

Lord help me, I love accents. The cadence, the unexpected emphasis on different syllables.

I love Oded Fehr’s voice, the accent and the deep voice. I could listen to him read anything.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Gerard Butler – the way he talks out of the front of his mouth and rolls those rs.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Matthew McFayden Image hosting by Photobucket and Clive Owen Image hosting by Photobucket – lovely accent, and that deep, rich, sonorous tone.

Colin Firth – the way he clips his words, rapid, confident.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Hugh Grant – also clipped, but playful and wicked.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Southern accents like Matthew McConaughey Image hosting by Photobucket and Sawyer, Image hosting by Photobucket the slow rolling of it, the twang, the hint that they know a secret about you and will keep it for a price. The dimples don’t hurt, either.

Bedroom voices

You know, the ones you wouldn’t mind hearing from across a bed. Any of the above apply, but I’m adding Chris Noth Image hosting by Photobucket and George Clooney. Image hosting by Photobucket Can you just imagine the rumble of their voices in the dark? They have the kind of voices you can hear across a room, recognize, turn and meet their eyes, and then….

Ahem.

Intelligent voices

Okay, weird, I know, but some men have voices that can convince me of anything. Jeff Goldblum is one. Image hosting by Photobucket Remember the scene in Jurassic Park where he’s putting the drop of water on Laura Dern’s hand? Those smart words in that growly voice….

Gary Sinise is another. Image hosting by Photobucket I know, I know, he has the southern thing going, but smart words come out in that slow way.

Ed Harris.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Sam Shepherd.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Playful

You know, when he's teasing you just a little bit. Like Josh Duhamel. Image hosting by Photobucket

Or David Boreanaz. Image hosting by Photobucket

Fathers and Sons

Keifer and Donald Sutherland. Sandpapery voices, deep, can be scary and reassuring. I may end up writing a Keifer character someday.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Charlie and Martin Sheen. Distinguished, deep and distinguishable.

Image hosting by Photobucket


There are some voices I don’t like. Paul Walker is very attractive, but his voice turns me off. Too high, too California. Image hosting by Photobucket I don’t like Eddie Cibrian’s voice, either. Image hosting by Photobucket Not quite deep enough. The dimples and the shoulders make up for it, though.

Whose voice gets under your skin?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many great choices there, Mary :)

I always thought Donald and Keifer Sutherland had amazing voices.

MJFredrick said...

I was watching The Actor's Studio and Kiefer lit up. No wonder his voice sounds like that! Sad that I couldn't find a picture of him and his dad together.

Paula said...

I concur with virtually all of your choices, Mary, and I'll add a few more:

Alan Rickman's voice can be creepy or sexy, depending on the role. I loved him in TRULY, MADLY, DEEPLY and SENSE AND SENSIBILITY. When he plays villains, however, he can be scary as all get out.

Carlos Bernard (Tony Almeida on 24) ain't bad, either. Soft, slightly raspy voice that could pretty much talk me into anything.

David Duchovny has a distinctive voice that can be sexy, goofy, playful or morose at any given moment. (And that lower lip!)

Edward James Olmos has a great voice--very distinctive, slyly sexy. It doesn't fit the face, but after a while, it convinces me that looks are secondary.

I could go on, but I'll spare you. :)

Paula

MicheleKS said...

OMG! Thank you for the Oded Feh pic. And I think Sean Bean has one of the hottest voices going. Along with Daniel Craig.

Toni Anderson said...

I love all your choices--voice is very important to me. Sean Bean has a lovely voice, every time an advert comes on that he's done the voice over for, I'm enraptured.

My DH has this mixed Irish/Scottish accent. The best of both worlds rather than an awful mix. Love it and him :)

Trish Milburn said...

Oh, drool. I love Oded Fehr. I want you to know I'm sitting her in Panera Bread, having my breakfast, about to drool at the picture. :)

Lots of great choices here. Another voice I love is the deep voice of Sam Elliott.

Stephanie said...

What an interesting subject! Leave it to you, Mary : )

I, too, love accents... which is why I'm marrying a Brit! But I have to admit, I've been in love with Jeff Goldblum for years. And Gary Sinise is sexy, too. Hate Matthew McConaughy, though. Now HIS voice gets under my skin... and not in a good way!

Dana Pollard said...

I vote for sexy voice... Matthew M. and Ed Harris.

MJFredrick said...

Oh, I LOVE Tony! Can't believe I forgot him! Didn't you just want to cry when he found out about Michelle the other night?

David and Edward James Olmos - good choices!

Michele, I didn't think about Sean Bean, and the only thing I've seen your Daniel in is the first Tomb Raider, and I did NOT like his voice. Like Paul Walker, very nice to look at, but the voice is a deal breaker.

Toni, I would love to hear your husband talk!

Oh, yes, Sam Elliott. And what about Tom Selleck? Those broad chests and the deep voices.

Bosey, I can see where Matthew's voice can go either way. I just kind of like that playful tone he has.

MicheleKS said...

In Tomb Raider 1 Mr. Craig played an annoying American and it showed. Catch him in Layer Cake or his Brit pics and you might think differently. I'm so waiting for the Bond movie (saw footage from it yesterday).

Stephanie said...

Ooh, ooh, forgot... Pierce Brosnan. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

I am so SO dating myself with this one, but...it's the first voice I recall thinking that he could make me do anything, just by asking...

Richard Burton.


J

MJFredrick said...

Richard Burton was married to Liz Taylor, right? Can't think of how he sounds.

Michele, true that I've only seen your Daniel in TR - I look forward to hearing his real voice.

I totally agree on Pierce Brosnan, and how's this one - Hugh Laurie? His American accent.

Pyro said...

I too like Gerard Butler's and Matthew McFayden's voices and they are sooo nice looking too. . .

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box