I need a little pick-me-up

January is a lonnnnng month, and February is even longer. We don't get a proper day off for MLK, and nothing for President's Day. Christmas only teases me about the freedom of summer to come. I know I shouldn't be wishing my life away, but I'm feeling a little overwhelmed, so here's a "things I'm looking forward to" blog.

January – Monday is a workday in my classroom – time to get organized! I'll be getting a preservice teacher on Wednesday, one who observes, but can also work with the kids. I can't wait! On DVD, there's Flight Plan, Lord of War and Legend of Zorro on DVD!

February – Trish is coming to San Antonio! We're going to have so much fun, she won't want to go to her conference! Then there's the Launching a Star results! First reading test will be over! Elizabethtown, Just Like Heaven and Pride and Prejudice on DVD!

March – Spring Break! Emily results, Duel results and GH calls (GULP)!

April – my birthday! Easter! Fiesta! TAKS tests over! Tutoring over!

May – Mother’s Day!

June – SUMMER!!! Dh’s birthday!

July – son’s 15th birthday (wah!), National in Atlanta! Pirates of the Caribbean!

What are you looking forward to? Do you need things to look forward to?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5 comments:

Shesawriter said...

Submission results maybe. I say maybe because it's a weird combination of dread and anticipation.

Tanya

Anonymous said...

I'm really looking forward to the Winter Olympics in February.

Paula said...

I'm hoping to finish my WIP by February, so I'll have editing to look forward to that month. (That's actually fun for me, now that I've learned better how to do it). I should get the scan of my book cover in March or April--whee! My book will show up on eHarlequin for purchase on May 5 and then in the stores in June, events I'm having a lot of trouble wrapping my mind around. :)

Paula

MJFredrick said...

You know, I used to love the Olympics. Wonder why that changed? Too many choices on cable, probably, versus having only the three channels when I was younger. That, and not knowing what the hell winter is.

Tanya, I've got my fingers crossed for good news for you! And Paula, I can't wait to read your book!!!!

Trish Milburn said...

I'm really looking forward to that trip to San Antonio. And the Olympics, too. I'm a big Olympics junkie. I hear you on the gulp on the GH calls in March. I still get nervous.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box