No Internet and No Email Makes Mary...Something Something...

Go crazy?

Don't mind if I do!

Okay, way too much Simpsons in this house, I know. I haven't had Internet since about 6:30 last night. Ahhh! But I do have a new washer. Yay! And I slept till ten today. Weird.

I've been watching a lot of TV on my sabbatical. My friend Cindi and I love commercials. Here are some of our favorites.

Favorite commercials:

Formula 409 – because the world’s not ready for Formula 410

Pace – because the sauce made in New York City is so wimpy you have to ride a bull with an airbag

Nextel – the guys dancing to Salt N Pepa in the office. I don’t know why it cracks me up. Lack of expression juxtaposed with with the dancing?

Kia – Save the Greenbacks – LOLOLOL

Cingular commercial where the guy is waiting for his great date to call him

Pentium – the Intel chip will be set free and live inside a Mac (you have to be a Mac person to appreciate)

WalMart – the commercial with the smiles in the shadows and shapes of every day things.

Citi cards – the older couple playing the autoharp and ukulele (?) and she chides him for forgetting the second verse.

NASCAR – where the cars are racing over the landmarks like the St. Louis Arch.

American Express – with the little kid who’s a pinch penny, who decides to splurge on a medium popcorn when he finds out his AmEx card has a saving account.

Image hosting by Photobucket

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't funny how much you miss the internet when you don't have it? }:)

Anonymous said...

LOL it should read 'Isn't it'. ;)

Anonymous said...

You make the commercials sound interesting, though honestly, I never liked commercials. Once, I could find remote control, and being lazy to get up every time to switch the channels during the advertisement, I had to watch it. Grrr. I hope you have a great week-end, Mary!

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen most of those commercials, but yeah the guys dancing to Salt-N-Pepa is pretty funny. And the Intel chip being set free in the Mac makes me giggle hysterically. (Love my Mac!) There are other commercials I really like but I can't think of them at the moment...

Trish Milburn said...

The Salt-n-Pepa commercial cracks us up every time we see it. I think it's hysterical because this would so not happen, and these dudes can't dance.

MJFredrick said...

Bonnie, it worked both ways for me. Funny thing, I was about to go back to sleep after the dh got up to go to work, but he came in and said the internet was working, so I woke up. Got up, checked the 43 emails, and when I clicked through to a website, it said I wasn't connected. So I went back to bed ;)

I just think some commercials are so clever and wonder how these people came up with the ideas.

The Salt-N-Pepa commercial - just the looks on the guys' faces, so deadpan. I love it. My dh likes the other Nextel commercial where they're having a meltdown and these two guys are talking about BLT sandwiches.

Trish Milburn said...

Another one we like are the Staples commercials with the Rubber Band Man. I get that tune in my head and want to dance. :)

MJFredrick said...

Oh, yes, the Rubber Band Man! He's on My Name is Earl now, and in the last episode they infiltrated an office to steal office supplies and he was doing his thing. I was cracking up!

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box