INXS

I was watching an INXS concert the other night after dinner on one of the digital channels. It was a concert in Nara, Japan in 1994, about 8 years after they fell off my radar and three years before lead singer Michael Hutchence committed suicide.

With the exception of Michael, this is what they looked like then.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Now, when they exploded on MTV with “The One Thing,” that really sexy orgy-esque video, this is what they looked like.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That’s Kirk, Michael, Andrew, Gary Gary, Jon and Tim. Back in those days, I was torn between Jon and Tim. Jon is very very handsome, dark haired, blue eyed, chiseled bone structure, plus those drummer arms. Mmm. Tim was more talented, but not as handsome.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here’s a better picture of them. Kirk, Michael and Jon in the back row, Andrew, Gary Gary and Tim in the front.

But either my taste has changed, or they aged nice. Now (not NOW, what with that reality show, but looking back now) I would go for Gary Gary in the bottom left, or Michael in the center. Though Michael was always a little skinny. Gary Gary had that whole ultimate Aussie thing going, and now that’s more to my taste.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here’s a couple more of Michael, just for fun. What a waste.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's what they look like now:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It took me a minute to figure it out, but it's Andrew, Jon, Tim, Kirk and Gary Gary.

So how much has your taste changed?

18 comments:

Dana Pollard said...

I see what you mean. They were hot and then all of a sudden, they're not.

I was a huge fan of INXS.. back in the day, of course.

Jill Monroe said...

I saw them when they were the opening act for Adam Ant.

I love their new song!

MicheleKS said...

I haven't heard their new singer yet but I was a huge fan back in the day (still am!).

Amie Stuart said...

They HAVE aged well!

In answer to your question, Jon Bon is still hot. I don't think my tastes have changed much though--I still like younger (or young looking) men with pretty eyes--oh and rugged. how rugged and young work in together, I have no clue!

Trish Milburn said...

Cece, I agree about Jon Bon Jovi. He and Richie Sambora are still looking good. I'm sad because they're going to be in concert here on Valentine's Day, but we won't be here. :(

MJFredrick said...

The rock star I think has aged well is the guitar player from Aerosmith, Joe somebody, right? I'd ask my son, but then he'd want to know why, and I just don't want to go there. I never would have looked at him back in the 80s.

Jill, did I know you saw Adam Ant? My best friend in high school was CRAZY about him. When she had "adamant" as a vocabulary word, she ran up to the English teacher (who was very cool) and said, "Mrs. Pollack, LOOK! Adam ANT!"

I can't get over how much the new guy looks and moves like Michael. Have you seen it?

Colleen Gleason said...

My tastes have changed a little, but back in the 80s, I thought Sting and Bono were the hottest guys around...and I still do. I tease my dh that the only man I'd leave him for would be Sting or Bono...if one of them walked in the room and asked me to go away with him, I'd be gone. *g*

However, back in the 80s, I also thought Tom Cruise was hot (not any more!), Steve Perry (ugh), and Nick from Duran Duran.

Colleen, who thinks Mary would change her mind to Gary Gary now because he looks an awful lot like a certain Mr. Butler in that photo she posted.....

MJFredrick said...

Colleen, you sound just like my SIL. Sting and Bono are her two big crushes, too. I was more a Stuart Copeland/Edge gal. In fact, Edge inspired a story back when I was in college. It's the eyes.

Anonymous said...

Yep they've changed. Me too. :-)

MJFredrick said...

Good point, Mary Beth! ;)

Anonymous said...

I agree about Jon Bon Jovi. He was hot and is hot. Very.

Shesawriter said...

Mary,

I'm all turned around. I just posted the INXS comments in yesterday's Highlights post. Go look. LOL! And no, I haven't been drinking the leftover eggnog. ;-)

Tanya

Anonymous said...

How funny! I love looking back at all the hair/heavy metal bands of the 80's. Man, they are so tame compared to the ones of today!

MJFredrick said...

I saw, Tanya! So, which was your favorite?

I was trying to find pictures of my other favorite band, Midnight Oil, but those aren't so easy to come by.

Shesawriter said...

Who's my favorite? Need you ask? Michael, of course. :-) Gone, but by no means, forgotten. (g)

Tanya

MJFredrick said...

Michael. I should have known ;) Back then he didn't appeal. Now....like I said, what a waste.

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Mary, I was a huge fan of Michael Hutchence and thought it was such a waste when he died, and then later when his girlfriend Paula Yates died, because she couldn't live it without him. I was a little sad when they finally replaced him.

MJFredrick said...

Elizabeth, I didn't know his girlfriend died, too. How sad.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box