Hermit Mary

So yesterday I forgot to make the green bean casserole. I got the fixings, set them out Wednesday night so I wouldn’t forget. Dinner was at 3. At 2, I got up to get dressed. At 2:30, my MIL came by so she could go with us. At 2:40, Dad went to get the wine out of the fridge, and I saw the cans of stuff on the counter.

You can imagine my reaction.

I mixed the stuff together really fast, put them in the dish, and decided to just cook them at Mom’s. Things would be delayed a bit, but it worked.

Still.

Today, the family leaves. It’s my traditional day to get out my Christmas decorations, but I think I’m going to only get out what’s in the house (dishes and such.) I’m feeling a bit hermit-ish after yesterday (25 people), so am going to hunker down, watch some Tivo, watch some of the rented movies, work on my book, just be Hermit Mary the rest of the weekend.

Oh, and mail my GH entry.

And call Cindi because she’s having her baby Monday.

And go to the grocery store.

And take my son to the bank.

But mostly be a hermit.

What about you? Braving the crowds? More family time? How are you recovering?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5 comments:

Trish Milburn said...

It's a good day to be a hermit. We're having our family Thanksgiving today. No shopping.

Anonymous said...

Have fun hermit Mary!
I'm getting my eyebrows waxed (OUCH!), cleaning house, decorating a little and going out tonight with friends in town for the holiday. Somewhere in there, dd really wants to go shopping. She loves being out in the crowds. I think she's crazy!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

I've braving the crowds with my mother, but the later ones and not where people fight for the sale items in the early bird specials. =D

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I love shopping on Black Friday (which is insane since I HATE HATE HATE crowds!). My favorite was the year my husband's family came to Connecticut for Thanksgiving with my family the year we got engaged, and we all went shopping in NYC. That was the best.

But today the only holiday shopping I did was at Dell online. I am sooo tired of my kids using my computer. It will be really, really hard to wait to give them their presents until Christmas day.

MJFredrick said...

My mom got two leather jackets today for $125. Wow. She said there were enough checkers that they weren't in line that long.

Ooh, shopping in NYC - that DOES sound fun! Congratulations on the new computer, Natalie!

I did the bank, Blockbuster to take back all the movies we rented this week for the company, mailed my GH entry, watched Anaconda, Grey's Anatomy, Jericho, Prison Break and Bones! And I've got 1200 words today, too. No decorating, though.

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box