Research and The Plan

Yesterday I was researching hauntings online. I was surprised to find so many legitimate paranormal societies! The website I really liked was hauntednc.com - had a lot of stories. Did you know you can also buy real EMF detectors? Seriously! Then I came home and watched the first three episodes of The Ghost Hunters, that reality show on Sci Fi. I'm not terribly impressed or inspired by it, though.

My son is now hooked on Supernatural. We watch an episode a night. We watched Something Wicked last night and decided it was another one, like the Linda Blair episode, where the boys jumped to conclusions too fast. And what a nasty part Papa Winchester had in his hair! EWW. This WAS the 80s, people, not the 70s! (Though I've read fan fic with Papa as a Vietnam Vet. Too young!!)

December 7 will be a new Supernatural, called Croatoan, and according to Tivo, Papa will be on ;)

The plan I have is that my hero is leading this ghost tour as a scam while he's actually investigating a real haunting. They will spend the night at 4 houses. The first two will be scams, which the heroine will see through, being the skeptic she is, but the third will have a real ghost, a seductive one, who teases my hero, who thinks the heroine is doing the teasing. The fourth house will have a malevolent spirit, and the "symptoms" of the haunting will reflect the symptoms in the first two houses, so no one will believe it at first.

I don't know if that's too many houses or what. I guess I'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 comments:

Ceri Hebert said...

I love Ghost Hunters, actually. I've been watching it since day one. I like that they go to these locations to disprove the activity as paranormal. If they can debunk it they will. I've seen some very creepy episodes, but not all of them will have evidence of a haunting.

Love Supernatural too.

My Nano challenge was supposed to include a ghost. Somehow she didn't put in too many appearances.

MJFredrick said...

I watched the second disc today and the lighthouse episode absolutely inspired me! The prison one was cool, too. But the bald guy and the tech guy fighting all the time gets on my nerves.

Anonymous said...

okay. I've got to watch Supernatural.

MJFredrick said...

YEAH, you do, Mary Beth! And I don't think Grey's is on next week....

Goodreads

M.J. Fredrick's books on Goodreads
Breaking DaylightBreaking Daylight
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.33)

Beneath the SurfaceBeneath the Surface
ratings: 11 (avg rating 4.00)

Hot ShotHot Shot (Samhain)
reviews: 2
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.00)

Where There's SmokeWhere There's Smoke
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.00)

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
Powered By Blogger

Good Reads

Widget_logo

Followers

About Me

My Photo
MJFredrick
I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a writer. I have five cats and a dog to keep me company. I love bookstores and libraries and Netflix - movies are my greatest weakness.
View my complete profile

Archive

Beneath the Surface

Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight Review

Where There's Smoke

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Where There's Smoke Review

Photobucket

Bull by the Horns

Photobucket

Hot Shot Reviews

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Hot Shot

Photobucket

Carina Press

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join My Newsletter

    Where Visitors Live

    MJ Fredrick Fan Page's Fan Box